Chapter 2

"Wait what?" was the only response I could muster out in my current shocked state. Being late, I knew I was going to have to face the consequences, but I never would have thought they would reach the point of termination. My writing career was the only thing I had left going for me. Everything in my life wasn't exactly happy go lucky.

"You won't be working at Times Printing anymore." Mrs. Hathaway repeated herself, carefully enunciating each word.

"Listen, I know I've been late a couple times, well a lot, but I can't lose this job. Please just give me another chance. I'm so sorry. Just please don't fire me." I pleaded. At this point I was willing to go to extreme measures to keep this job, even if it meant begging like a five year old that wanted candy in a store. I didn't care how desperate I sounded, I needed this job.

"What on earth are you talking? Who said you were getting fired?" Mrs.Hathaway asked me as she took off her glasses and eyed me up and down.

I looked at her dumbfounded and fumbled around with my words. "You just said I won't be working here anymore so..." I trailed off. If there was ever a time where I was most confused, it would be now.

"No. You must have misunderstood. You won't be working at this location anymore." She stated. I had only known of one location, and it was the one I was currently at.

"Because you're being transferred to one of our partners in London." She stated as she handed me a stack of papers filled with information all brand new to my eyes. My eyes almost bugged out of my eyes as I was given this new information. I had never even left the state of New York let alone the country.

"London? As in London in the United Kingdom?" I asked trying to see if I had yet again misunderstood Mrs.Hathaway.

"That's the only London I know of, Miss Simmons. Now on to your task." she said as she logged onto her laptop. Task? The only tasks I've ever been given here were to type up articles and create magazine and news paper templates.

"Okay..." I was so unsure of anything that was going on. One minute I was under the impression that I was being fired and the next I'm informed that I'm being shipped off to a country I've never been to.

"As you maybe aware, social media is taking over our world as we speak. Although there are more positives than negatives, we wanted to pin point the negatives, one in particular: how openly expressive it causes one to become." I felt like I was back in school sitting in some borring lecture hall listening to the professor droning on and on. I had not the simplest idea of how any of this related to me.

"Anyways, there's someone in particular we want you to go out and interview them. Get to know them and why they do what they do. You'll be there for at least a year and a half so you have quite some time. Along the way you'll be writing small articles regarding the central issue, which you will send to me. Ultimately this will contribute to an upcoming book that will be published." she said. Wow was the only thing running through my mind. It was all so much to take in at one time. I didn't even have a clue who I was supposed to be interviewing or whatever it was I'm supposed to be doing.

"Alright that sounds good. Who exactly am I interviewing?" I cautiously asked.  With my luck, I'd end having to interview some uncooperative and stuck up person.

"Surely you've heard of Liam Payne from One Direction." Of course I had heard of him and his crazy and successful band. Walking the streets of New York,you were bound to at least hear one conversation concerning this band. I had only heard a few songs by them, all of which were their radio singles, but they weren't so bad on the ears. Just not my preferred music; I liked songs with mellow and soothing melodies along with a deep hidden meaning behind the lyrics like Lana Del Rey.