4. Confusion

Alex's POV

Okey keep calm Alex ! I kept saying to myself, trying to look less stressed than I actually am right now.
The teacher approached us, watching me suspiciously.
»What are you guys doing out here?! it's raining cats and dogs!« he asked confused, holding a massive umbrella which was big enough to cover at least four people. His shoulder long black hair covered his face like a wig and his eyes had the darkest brown I've ever seen... maybe it's the light but I'm not lying when I say that he looks scary. He wore a black long robe which was as long as himself, even long enough to hide his shoes. Still giving me this unfamiliar looks before he finally glanced at Lou who smiled at him like nothing happened in the last 10 minuets. Her dark blonde long hair was wet from the rain and I was wondering how she was still able to see something through her glasses which were littered with drops of water. WAIT! Did she wore them before?! Never mind.
I was lost in my thoughts when Lou suddenly spoke »Mr. Miller I was just showing Alex around ... I thought it was a good idea to also show him the yard so I dragged him here. We actually wanted to go back inside although the rain became too heavy« she lied at him. I was totally surprised... and confused. Confused about Lou's lie 'cause she could have just told him the truth, I mean she has nothing to do with my cigarettes so they would have only suspended me. And I was surprised about
Mr. Millers reaction 'cause he changed from a grumpy looking, quite scary man to a very friendly teacher within seconds!
»Ahh sure miss Collins, and you must be Alex! Mr. Barnes told me about you! I'm glad to meet you! I'm your music teacher so we'll see tomorrow!« he friendly said, shaking my hands. Then he turned around, waving at us and walked back to the entrance of the school building.
What the fuck just happened?! Do all people here live under a stone? Why is everyone so damn friendly? Don't they know what I did on me other college?!
»Alex? Are you okey? I think we should better get back inside before the rain becomes even heavier« I snapped out of my thoughts »Sure I'm alright but is it just me or does Mr. Miller look exactly like professor Snape?! You know that dude from Harry Potter and why does he behave this awkward?! And by the way-« I wasn't able to end my sentence 'cause Lou cut me off
» Mr. Miller isn't just a music teacher, he's also the head of our college's theatre group and they're currently rehearsing for their new play which is about Harry Potter... and he's an actor, you know they're all weird« she laughed.
» Okey that makes sense ..«

Lou turned around, ready to walk back inside
»Uhhm Lou?« I asked sheepishly, I actually never thank anyone for anything, why should I start with that now? Why should I even care? But this time it's different, nobody ever lied to protect me ... they only lied to protect themselves, but Lou is different. »yeah Alex?« she turned back to me, »Thank you for not telling Mr. Miller about the cigarettes, you didn't need to do that, but I'm grateful that you did it, I really appreciate it!« I told her, still feeling awkward. A massive grin spread on her face as she replied »No prob Turner! Let's go back inside«.