19. What's The Story?

Alex's  POV

We stood in front of Lou's place, she's still holding me by my wrist as if I run away any second if she'd let go.
She fiddled with her keys, having some trouble to find them in her bag with just one hand.
"Uhm Lou? ... you could let go of me for a sec and find the keys first, huh?" I cautiously suggest since she seems to be sorta angry.
Lou shot me a serious look, "I won't run away or summat, if that's what you're afraid of love" I added. "Fine" was all she replied, and let go of my wrist.

Once we were inside she got hold of my wrist again and dragged me upstairs to her room.
"Sit down Al" she said pointing to her bed. I did what she told me and sat down. Lou got rid of her coat and placed her desk chair opposite me, it's backside facing me. When she sat down I felt like in CSI Miami or one of these cop series. She sat there, leaning her arms and chin on the chair's backrest, staring at me. The only thing that's missing now, is the obviously too bright lamp, pointed on my face and blinding me... oh and of course the cable ties on my wrists.

"So now tell me Al, what's the story?" She asked, her eyes scanning my face.
"What story?"
"C'mon Alex! There has to be a story or just something that happened to explain your strange and not to say the least, annoying behaviour. So tell me what happened or I won't let you go!" I gulped, trying to figure out if I should tell her what happened or not ... maybe I should, but no ... I can't-
"Alex? Say something please"
I remained silent, staring at my sneakers, she'll get the wrong impression of the situation when I tell her about Kristen... I can't do that ... I need to forget about it.
"Alex look, I don't know if that might be the reason for your bad mood, but anyway I saw you at the boardwalk with a girl, I didn't even know that you work there and-" I cut her off. "How? When?"
"Sunday... I was out with the girls, but is it about that girl?" She asked raising her eyebrows. I sighed, now I have to tell her what happened, "yeah it is about her... but it's not what you think-"
"And how do you know what I think?" She snapped.
"Well, I don't know it... but anyways she is...errr.. she ugh-"
"spill it Turner!"
"Fine! She's my ex girlfriend, Kristen and we met there cos I wanted to talk to her, well we somehow managed to end up at hers, she confessed that she still has feelings for me, but then her new boyfriend just came in outa nowhere! And the fact that she lied to me and played with me feelings really pissed me off! Alright?! Are you happy now Lou? Fine then I'll go!"
I have no idea where that sudden change of mood came from but I haven't been that angry in ages. I took my bag and run past her, downstairs and bumped into my worst enemy, Adam, Lou's brother.
"Stop you wanker! What's all the yelling about huh? You should never shout at my sister like that!" And with that he threw a punch at me. I fell backwards, my mind racing with so many thought. I bet he just waited for that exact moment, I know he hates me but that's not okey.
"Fuck off and get out of my way! You have no idea what Lou and I talked about!" I got up and started walking to the front door, but Adam griped me by the colar of my shirt and pushed me against the wall.
"If you talk to me like that again, you won't get away with a bleeding nose, it'll be much worse so think before you speak"
"Do you really think you could scare me with these lame threats? Pfff now let go of me shirt!"
I tried to escape his grip but I just couldn't, next time I looked at him my gaze met his fist. He let go of my shirt and I glided down the wall. I felt the blood dripping from my nose.
"That's enough for today and now get your ass out of my house!" Adam yelled.
"Adam stop yelling, what's up?" Lou asked, her voice broke as if she's crying. She just came downstairs. I tried to get up as fast as I could, but when Lou saw me, she quickly came to my side and helped me.
"Alex I thought you were already gone... What happened to you? Omg! You're bleeding!"
Her shocked gaze wandered from me to Adam and back.
"Yeah I just had an argument with mr. punch cam over there... that's all don't worry"
"No that's not okey Alex! I'm so sorry... what the hell is your problem Adam?! Why did you punch him?"
"C'mon Lou! I heard him yelling at you and I can't stand to see someone treating my little sister like that! I had to teach him a lesson ya know?"
"You don't even considered that it was all my fault and he was right about yelling at me, huh? All that's nothing of your business anyways Adam! Stop punching my friends and now fuck off, I don't wanna see you anymore!"
Adam frowned at us but went back to his room. I sighed, "now could you let go of me Lou, please? I really wanna go home".
"But I can't let you go like that! Your nose is still bleeding and you look horrible!"
"It's fine Lou... just let it be"
"Please just let me take care of ya nose! Do me that favour Al! I s'pose there's nothing else I can do right now?"
"Stop worrying that much about me!" I managed to get out of her grip and walked to the front door. I went out without turning around to say bye to her.

When I arrived at home my mum opened the door before I could find my keys.
"Alexander where have you be- Alex what happened?" She immediately switched from angry to worried.
"It's nothing mum"
"You came home with a bleeding nose Alex, you can't tell me that's nothing, darling"
"I don't wanna talk about it"
"Oh but I s'pose you have to! Now sit down and tell me what happened" she command.
I got rid of my jacket and bag and sat down on the kitchen table, my mum took a seat opposite me.
"Well, there's that guy, Adam, I'm friends with his sister and he doesn't like me that's all"
"So he is the one who did that?"
"Yeh"
"And his sister is your girlfriend?"
"Nooo mum! We're just friends!"
"Ahhh" she winked at me and I felt the heat crawling up my face.
"I'll be upstairs then" I said rolling my eyes.
"Wait a moment Alex, just one thing"
"What is it?"
"You should try to stay away from that Adam guy, I don't want you to get hurt"
"Yeah okey"
"Promise it Alex"
"Alright I promise it mum!"
"Fine... now we should take care of your nose"
"It's fine mum I'll do that myself"
"Okey, if you need me I'm in the kitchen"
"Thanks mum"
I jogged upstairs to my room and shut the door behind me. All I need right now is a shower and some sleep.