17. Blue Monday

Lou's  POV

It's almost eight and Mr. Barnes would be here any minute, but Alex was nowhere to be seen. I started to worry that he might got in a fight over that girl at the bar yesterday... but no, he said that he's not like that anymore.
Suddenly Mr. Barnes entered the classroom and interrupted my thoughts. Another maths lesson without Alex ... how shall I survive this?

Alex's  POV

I woke up to the feeling of someone playing with my hair. I opened my eyes just to see that I lay in a bed, not my bed tho, but still a familiar one, Kristen's bed...
"Morning sleepyhead" Kristen whispered into my ear, her fingers still tangled in my hair. I shot up, looking around, where's me shirt? And my pants?! Did I take them off?! Fuck..
"Alex? What's wrong?" Kristen asked, now propped up on one elbow. I turned around to face her.
"Kristen... did we.. you know.... I can't just remember anything" I felt the heat crawling up my neck and cheeks. She tried to hide a chuckle, placing her hand on my bare shoulder.
"No we didn't Alex, we just fell asleep in my bed after you drove me home... I took off your clothes for whatever reasons... but nothing happened, not at all" she giggled. A wave of relief washed over me, but just for a short moment 'till my brain worked out the rest of what she said, Not at all? What does that mean.. "Not at all" ?!
"But something happened, right?" I questioned her once again. The expression on her face turned from pretty amused to dead serious when she spoke again, "Well, I kissed you... and you kissed me back... I told you about my feelings, but I s'pose you either don't remember what I said, or you had already passed out last night when I explained everything to you..." she bit her lip, making eye contact with her hand that still rested on my shoulder. I gulped, did this really happen? And why can't I remember anything? Did I get that pissed last night? Although I had to work... and I drove her home?
"Why did you kiss me?" I asked bluntly. Her eyes shot up, meeting mine, "because you told me that you still have feelings for me and that you've changed... and I believe you because I'm still in love with you, that's why I still have your sweater, I kept it for all those lonely nights ... I never really wanted to break up with you Alex, I think my parents have done their part-" "So you still love me?" I was perplexed. She used to be so cold to me after the break up, was it all just fake? "Of course I do Al! I lov-" She was cut off by the door flying open, "Hey love! Your mum let me in before she went to-" the guy cut himself off, watching us with wide eyes. He stood in the doorway, frozen, his dark brown hair was messily styled, falling over his eyes. He let the bag in his hand drop.
"Who's that guy Kristen?" He asked, trying to hide his anger. "What are you doing her Brian?!" "I texted you Kristen! I told you that I'd come around today! You liked the idea just a couple days ago, what's happened?! And still, WHO'S THAT GUY?" Brian shouted.
"Who's he Kristen? Your boyfriend?" I asked, still watching Brian.
"I can explain it Alex, just listen-" "I'll ask you the last time, is he your boyfriend Kristen?" I closed my eyes, trying not to explode.
"He is.... I'm sorry Alex, let me explain-" I cut her off, "you've explained enough" I got up and quickly put on my clothes along with my sneakers. " What do you think you're doing?" Brian yelled at me. I ignored him and once again turned to Kristen, "Where's my sweater?" I asked. "W-What?" Kristen shuttered. "The one with the shark on it... the one you kept" Her eyes welled up with tears, she mechanically got up and walked over to her wardrobe pulling out the sweater, I snatched it from her hand and quickly dashed past Brian, downstairs and out of the house. I can't believe that she had a boyfriend all the time and still agreed to meet me, just to play with my feelings?
I got in my car and drove home, it's to late for school now anyways.