16. The Boardwalk

Lou's  POV

It's almost eight and I still can't decide on what to wear.
"Shit I'm gonna be late..." I mumbled whilst changing my outfit for the fifth time.
My phone rang, I glanced at the screen just to see that it was Anna. I've agreed to go out with her and some other girls to a club tonight.
I hastily picked up the phone.
"Where are you Lou? We're waiting in front of ya house!" Anna's voice shot through my ears.
"I'll be down in a minute Anna!" I sighed. "Alright, hurry up!" She half laughed and ended the call.
I quickly put on my leather jacked and glanced at myself in the mirror. Too late to change anything now, I decided that I don't look that bad. I wore some tight black ripped jeans, a white oversized shirt and my leather jacket along with my black doc martens.
I slipped my phone into the pocket of my jacked and rushed downstairs.
"Where are you going?" Adam asked from the kitchen, eying me suspiciously. "I go out with some friends... I don't need your permission, you know?" I snapped at him. "Just tell me you won't meet that guy Lou, please" he said calmly. "Fuck off Adam! I can meet whoever I want! And Alex is my friend, so stop it!... but I won't meet him tonight, you're satisfied now?"
I rolled my eyes and slipped outside before he was able to respond.
I jogged over to Anna's car and got inside. "Sorry guys, my brother annoyed me with some questions" I sighed and looked over to Anna who sat in the drivers seat. "Yah, Yah it's alright, now let's drive!" She winked at me and we drove off.

We arrived at the club, a bold neon sign indicating that the club's name is "The Boardwalk". I've never been here before, but there's something familiar about the club that I can't really put my finger on.
We entered the club, it was pretty loud in there, not the annoying kind of noise tho, but loud enough to hear the band play even from the very front of the club. Anna and the girls immediately found us a booth and we sat down. "So who's gonna get us some drinks then, huh?" One of the girls, I think her name was Jen, asked. "What about Lou, here? Since we had to wait for her earlier she could go and get us something!" The other girl suggested. Anna nodded. I rolled my eyes, "alright I'll be right back... what do you want? Beer or-" they cut me off "Cosmopolitan please!" Jen yelled. "I'll go for beer this time" Anna said, the other girl, Clara, nodded along. "So a Cosmopolitan and three beers alright" I got up from the booth and made my way to the bar.
I stopped abruptly when I recognised the guy behind the counter, the all too familiar leather jacket and the quiff ... Alex
But it wasn't actually the fact that he's behind that counter that stopped me from approaching the bar, more the girl who he's talking to... or should I say flirting?
Alex leaned over the counter, twisting one of her strands of hair between his fingers. The girl, a tall brunette, sat on a stool, sipping on her drink, she was obviously flirting with Alex and he seems to enjoy it. The way they looked at each other, like they'd known each other for ages. I felt my stomach twist into a knot, I turned on my heels and walked back to the girls. "Sorry I've gotta go... I don't feel well" I gulped. "What? But we just arrived?!" Anna eyed me in disbelief. "I know ... but I'd rather go home.. I can walk .. or take a cab, no need to drive me" I said quickly.
"Okey, maybe next time" Jen said and Anna smiled at me.
I turned around and almost dashed for the exit, there were just too many questions in my head but no answers. I thought Alex liked me, but why is he flirting with another girl? Of course we're not together, so he can do whatever he please, but still... I thought there was something between us, was I wrong?

I decided to take a cab back home. I ignored Adam's confused look, obviously wondering why I'm already at home, when I unlocked the door. I ran upstairs and closed the door of my room behind me.
I took off my clothes and crawled under the blanket. This whole situation shouldn't affect me like it does, what's wrong with me? It's not that I'm so in love with him that I can't stand seeing him talking to another girl, now am I? I should just forget about it and go on like I hadn't seen anything in that bar ... well there wasn't really something to see .. not at all, right? I sighed and turned off the lights. Tomorrow at school I won't freak out and play it cool... yess I'll try at least.

I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating in almost two months ... I always wanted to but a lot of things happened lately and I ain't got no time to write new chapters 😓 but now I'm back!!! So I hope you liked this short chapter so far, be ready for some more soon!