Chapter Twenty-Eight

[A/N: Shoot me for not proof-reading, like always.]

Chapter Twenty-Eight

•Taylor's Point of View•

October 31st, 2013

"Taylor. Look, I promise this'll be one if the last parties you have to accomplice me at." Hannah continued to beg me.

"Hannah, I really can't. Sam would kill me." I explained. It was my first school night back and she wanted me to get shit-faced, again.

"I'll tell everybody your relationship with Ellie if you don't come." She threatened.

"The blonde woman? Oh my god. You too?! I have no clue who she is and yet everybody keeps telling me I'm related to her. I have no clue who she is so why should I be scared if you tell?" I raised my eyebrow at the phone. Not easily scared by her failed attempt at threatening me.

"You're an idiot. Okay, since I can't use that threat and I know if you did remember you'd be begging for my mercy to not tell, just come to my party. It's a school night so I can't get drunk anyways." She responded, obviously rolling her eyes at me.

"You're going to get drunk. It's a party, it's one of your parties. I'm not an idiot." I threw back at her.

"Okay, I am going to get drunk but not as bad as last time. Last time was horrible, we both got into such shit." Hannah reminisced.

"Darian almost hit me for that too. Look, I'll go, but, I can't get shitfaced. Sam would know instantly."

"Deal. I won't force you to get shitfaced, only primed up." Hannah probably smiled, her whole attitude changing as soon as I told her I would.

"So when should I go 'round yours?" I asked, knowing she needed me to help her get ready.

"Around four probably." She smiled.

"Four? Got it. I'll just get Sam to drop me off after you're done school." I replied back over the phone.

"That's right! you're not at school today, god dammit, Goulding-- That sounds weird. But, seriously. Our one class together for long block and you're not even here for it!" Hannah groaned. I had dismissed her calling me 'Goulding' and continued to laugh at her discontent. "Be at my house by four. Mr. B, is telling me to shut my phone off, and that he misses you, Tay. Okay, Bye." And with that Hannah ended the call.

It was weird to think that I hadn't been at school since September. I had been a straight 'A' student up until now. Report cards were going home in a few days and it was so out of character for me to be failing something. My teachers' biggest concern was what I was doing all of a sudden. What I had started engaging myself in. I had been travelling a lot for some apparent reason and nobody, not even Sam, would tell me why.

"Sam?!" I called from the kitchen, currently where I was eating lunch.

Sam was outside on the phone with somebody, he most likely wanted to make it private. But, I don't see the point in going outside to make it anymore private.

"What, Taylor?!" Sam called back. He was miserable. He had only seen Ellie three times and each of those three times, he acted as if he wasn't miserable. Honest to God, I wished she was here just to make him un-miserable.

"Can I go to Hannah's later? She's having a little Halloween get-together. Only with her closest friends." I asked, making the situation seem so much better than I knew it would end up being.