Chapter 1 - Present time

'' What?!! ''  I hissed.

My knees starting to shake as I got up from my seat and my face continue its involuntary twitching over disbelief and anger.

'' Why I should be the one to suffer in that nonsense vows made by your grandparents in the year that even you can't be remembered!!!'' I shouted again darting my angry aura at him.

'' Hey! watch out your manner Jeffrey I am still your father. ''  he said massaging his temple as he continued while sitting on the chair.

'' and we're not even in our house for godsake. Our employees might get startle because of your god damn voice. Just try this, things might work out ''

'' No! why I should be the one? your oldest son must take care of this matter. He must be the one to take this vow which is the same as having a fixed marriage to a girl I really dont know! ''

'' as if we have a choice, your brother is nowhere to be found. You're the only one I can count on to. ''  he told in his most calming and soothing voice.

That's true after so many years my brother David who is 26 years old and 3 years older than me left us without saying anything. All I know was he went somewhere in Africa then to some part of Europe then disappeared.

We did everything we could to locate him. You know money can do anything but David was way too smart to be found. He knows what my father will do next so before he takes another step david did his thing just to stop us.

And even we have phones and all the technologies, he chose to send us a letter saying

'' I'm good please don't do anything to find me. Im going home when I feel the urge to. Just take care ''

                                                        -David-

Oh sooo great, just great!! my brother has his way to make his life really cool and Me?. Here I am taking every ounce of responsibility he left behind and now this I have to see this woman who I really don't know.

God!!! this is killing me (as I see myself punching the wall vigorously).

'' Jeffrey! ''

'' Jeffrey! ''

'' What!?? ''  my brows up in annoyance.

'' come on, let's go to the airport and meet her or our ancestor might go here all the way from the grave looking for the both of us '' said by my father nearly laughing.

really he still have the guts to crack a joke.

'' fine! but I don't promise anything to you dad. Just to see her '' 

'' okay then just to see her ''  he copied.