Nicole

tick tock tick tock....

''Grrr why am I hearing this sound?''

It's so quite in the plane and it's deafening me. How much more time do I need to stay here? I have this urge to take a walk and see Uncle Thomas.

Right, to see him. Hayst, I cannot believe our ancestor made a vow like this. Ofcourse there's no other girl in the family to fulfill this kind of thing but me.

''Are you okay with this sis?''

I remembered Gerald my twin brother asked me before I get inside the plane. I shook my head, but we don't have a choice or lets put it this way '' I '' don't have a choice.

If I don't do this our family will put into shame and father will be really mad at me. Family name and reputation comes first to him and all just follows.

So here I am putting myself in some sort of situation, luckily my future fiance will be Uncle Thomas second son but I'm not sure what kind of guy he is.

I rested my head into the soft chair and just let my day dream covers me.

I just hope to see Him once more. The guy who gave me chills and brought smile to my face just the thought of him. I just wanted to say sorry for what I've done. But I know it's not happening.

I startled and drawn back to reality when I heard the announcement that we are ready to land. I fastened my seatbelt and readied myself to whom is waiting for me down there.

I got out from the plane and looked at my wrist watch. I'm an hour late from the arrival time.

Tsk!

With my pink luggage I took my stride. If I should've known I just wear my sneakers rather than this heels so that I can walk more faster.

There were lots of people walking here and there inside the airport and I couldn't see Uncle Thomas or even just a glimpse of his shadow but I'm sure he will be the one to pick me up.

Uncle Thomas was a friend to my family for ages but I just saw him once when I started at Uni. He's in his 50's but still really looks great with his good posture, black hair that always combed neatly and always has this laugh that is contagious. He's just a really great guy.

I continue searching for him. I tilt my head left and right and finally heard someone calling out my name.

'' Nicole!  WE'RE HERE NICOLE!!! ''

And there I saw Uncle Thomas gracefully waving his hand at me, wearing his big smile showing his white teeth. I waste no time and almost ran towards him.

'' Uncle Thomas, how have you been?? I'm so sorry for the delay. I should've called you but I found it late that they adjusted our flight due to circumstances. I feel guilty. I'm so sorry Uncle Thomas, did you wait long? '' I told him non stop almost getting down on my knees.

''No no it's okay Nicole honey, I'm glad you're safe and you are here now.'' he said while hugging me and patting my back for reassurance. He's really a kind hearted person then he broke our embrace.

''I'm here with my son Jeffrey'' chills ran into my spine when I heard the name jeffrey.

''Ohhh his name is Jeffrey Bryant?'' and I send a questioning look to uncle.

'' Yeah, he's a Bryant because he's my son? and I am a Bryant? '' he chuckled.  I just smiled not so sure of myself on how to react with my idiocracy.

I felt uneasy all of the sudden and I think I'm gonna faint but hey clear your thoughts maybe it's just the name, they got the same first name?and last name too???

'' what's wrong??'' he asked.

maybe he noticed my uneasiness.

''Are you going to ask me also if my son has a second name? ''  I send another questioning look to uncle then silence...

'' what's wrong to the both of you? My son send me also that kind of look a while ago. ''

''really?''

That's the only word that came out from my mouth while clasping both of my hands infront as a sign of my nervousness.

'' wait I'll call my son ''

Then he strode to this guy who's back is facing me.  I could tell my heart beats so fast and the next thing I knew I find myself looking to my surrounding as if I'm searching for someone or something who/which doesn't really exist.

Then Uncle with his son beside him approached me.

''Nicole this is my second son Jeffrey, son this is Nicole'' with all the will power in my body I started to look at him.

and.....

I was shocked to what I am seeing now.

Infront of me was the guy I used to know, the Jeffrey I once knew.

Our eyes meet. I know this blue eyes, this soulful eyes. I know that he's the one I longed to see. God just granted my wish but this time, this very time I figured out that I'm not ready to face this handsome guy infront of me.

My head started to hurt. My heart can't beat in its normal rhythm. I think I'm gonna dissolve to where I am standing now like a jelly. I was unable to take my eyes off him. We stare long into each others eyes.

and My world stopped from turning!