Battlefield

Present time..

(phone ringing)

''Hello?'' I answered sounding asleep without the knowledge who's the person from the other line.

'' Hello there honey, I'm sorry did I wake you up??? '' with the sorry type tone of voice I know it's Uncle Thomas.

I glanced at my wrist watch, it's 8 in the evening.

'' No no Uncle. I'm not asleep yet '' I replied weakly helping myself to sit.

'' how can I help you Uncle? ''I asked

'' Ahm you know, you'll be here for I think more than 2 months right? ''

I nodded as if he can see me from the other line.

'' Well I am just thinking if you wanna help me out at the company. I can put you in the Engineering department. I know that you are not yet graduated but I'm aware how smart and how you put passion in everything you do. Your manpower and knowledge would make such project always a progress, ofcourse if it's fine with you. I'm not forcing you '' He offered.

'' Ofcourse I loved to, you don't need to boost me up uncle with that flattering adjectives for me to say yes, it's perfectly fine, thank you for the offer, you know to make myself also productive here '' I joked followed by a chuckle.

'' Haha that's not just a flattering adjectives, what I've said was the truth. Well that's great sweetie, so you gonna start on Monday alright? This is only a fast call honey. I am having a dinner meeting. See you, goodbye! '' And with that he ended the call while cackling.

So there I'm gonna make myself busy to avoid thinking about jeffrey.I have another day to take rest.

-JEFFREY-

I am sitting at the bar thinking of how I can avoid the sight of that woman. The woman who ruined me, who played with my emotions. I might a total idiot before but not now. I learned my lesson all thanks to her.

I involuntary tightened my grip to the glass of beer I'm drinking, I was lost in my anger not noticing Wilson staring badly at me.

'' Deep thoughts huh!'' he said in a manly voice breaking the ice in me but then I didn't show my interest on him.

'' hey, I'm here jeffrey!'' he repeated making sounds by tapping the bar, so I've decided to look at him.

'' When did you get here?'' I asked plainly as he glanced on his watch.

'' 30 mins dude and you not even bother to move in your position, really what's up?? '' Wilson asked with furrowed eyebrows.

'' Nothing, just don't mind me okay '' I replied with bitterness clenching my hands.

'' Hey you can't just say that to me.I know you better than you think, come on! '' he impertinently asked.

When I chose to be mute he put his hand on my shoulder giving me comfort, he might be not the best of the best guy friend I have but in times like this he always gives himself to me. NO MATTER WHAT.

I sighed and bow down my head.

'' The ghost from my past is hunting me '' I said still clenching my hands and feeling hurt - so deeply hurt inside.

'' You mean the girl who dumped you??'' I nodded.

'' dumped? '' that word was understatement.

'' What happened? did you see her as in face to face?? then what did you do, what is your plan??'' He asked me in continues manner resulting me to freak out.