Mortal lessons

Kayden POV

Well, that shoe tasted good. Me and my big mouth. She looked at me as I said, "well, uh."

"What dunderhead is trying to say is will you be his," someone yelled from the kitchen.

We turned and looked to see them looking through the hole where they set out the food.

"Of course it'll be slow," another yelled.

"Can you stop," I yelled at them.

"Can we not! You're taking too long! My battles last shorter than you are trying to talk!"

I facepalmed myself.

"Excuse me," I said to her as I got up and stormed in the kitchen. I found the six of them standing there smiling at me.

"Do you mind?"

"Nope, because you're crashing and burning mortal," Mercury said.

"I would appreciate it if you would back off," I said to them.

"We would appreciate it if you could speed this up, so we can go home," Mars said to me.

I gave them a look, "fine." I turned around and walked out of the door and over to Angie, "look, I'm not really good at these things and I had to have help with this date. I don't mind taking things slow if you want to." I glanced at her, gauging her reaction. She sat there looking at me.

"Okay."

"What?"

"I said okay."

A smile grew upon my face until she said, "as long as you tell me what the hell is going here."

Well damn.

*******
Angie's POV

I sat there and waited. I refuse to be involved with someone if I couldn't trust them. Tristan taught me that.

He looked at me and sighed.

"Fine. Can you guys come out here?"

I watched as three girls and three guys came out of the kitchen. Mars and Venus I recognized. The others I didn't really know.

"Look, I'm going to be honest. I know you won't believe me but keep an open mind," he said to me.

"Fine. Go on."

He got up from his seat and said, "these are Greek gods and goddesses."

I got up out of my seat, "as in mythology Greek gods and goddesses?"

"Yes."

I looked at him and them.

"Okay."

They looked at me and sigh.

"Prove it."

They stopped smiling and looked at me.

"What," asked one the guys.

"I said prove it."

"Is she for real?" He looked at them.

I walked over to him, "look, I have had to deal with a douche constantly lying to me. I refuse to believe anything anyone has to say. I want proof," I said with my arms crossed.

"Fine," another guy said. They walked out of the place and outside. Kayden and I followed. We stood outside and he stood there, "I am Apollo. God of light," he boomed as the night turned to day. Then quickly he turned it back to night.