Chapter 56

I was fidgeting with my fingers while waiting for him to talk

Sabi niya kasi siya muna ang mauuna kaya pumayag naman ako dahil hinidi ko pa rin talaga alam kung saan ako magsisimula

"Claire, I don't really know where to start so if you want to ask me something, go ahead" napaangat ako ng tingin sa kanya dahil sa sinabi niya

Akala ko ba siya yung magsisimula?

Pero sige, siguro parehas lang kaming hindi alam kung paano to sisimulan

I cleared my throat before asking the question that has been bugging me ever since

"Why didn't you contact me?" I asked him while staring straight into his eyes

He's also staring at me and I was tempted to look away but I willed myself not to.

"We weren't supposed to use any gadgets while we were on our tour. I just managed to sneak out one phone of mine to call you anytime I can. But I didn't expect my manager to caught me. Nakiusap ako sa kanya pero hindi talaga siya pumayag. Lia already joined our tour that time. You already know that she was my childhood friend so it was just normal to spend time together, we never knew that we were being linked together. Nalaman lang namin sa isang concert at may mga banner na kami. But we didn't think about it that much, I never thought that..."

Hindi niya tinapos ang sasabihin niya at tinignan ako gamit ang malungkot na mata.

Alam ko ang isusunod niya, he never thought that it would cause my jealousy.

Of course, I was never the jealous type, that was what I thought. Pero hindi pala

He heaved out a heavy sigh

"Lia helped me get my phone back. I was really excited to contact you, it has been a month, one month without communication with you and I missed you so much, but you never answered. I was really worried, I was going crazy thinking what has happened to you. Kaya kahit alam kong hindi papayag si manager, tumakas ako. I asked Lia and the rest of S.Rain to cover for me. I went home, to you. To see you, to hold you, to say how much I've missed you"

I can see his eyes tearing up and I know he's trying so hard not to let it fall.

Nasasaktan ako sa nakikita kong sakit sa mga mata niya

"Damn! You don't know how much it killed me when I saw you in his arms, I was there, flowers in my hand, so excited to hug you but then you were already in someone else's arms. Gusto kong sumugod, I wanted to pull you away from him but I was hurting so much I couldn't move. All I could do was walk away, walk away with questions in my mind. What happened when I was away? How did he managed to steal you away from me? Where did I go wrong?"

My heart clenched when I saw how his tears fall down. Seeing him cry triggered my own tears. What have I done?

Why didn't I listened to him?

I wasted our time just because of my stubbornness.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry" I held his face with my hands and wiped his tears while mine was also steaming down my face

"Sorry, sorry" I repeatedly said while pressing my forehead against his

He also held my face and pressed a soft kiss against my lips.

"I love you" he sincerely said which brought more tears to my eyes

"I'm really sorry I didn't trust you enough, it was all my fault. I didn't gave you a chance to explain, my jealousy got the better of me and I concluded right away. I'm sorry I caused you pain, I caused us pain"