Part 23

Part23

Khushi was getting ready to office. Arnav came in front of her.

Arnav: Khushi this is for you. Wear it. (he gave a box with a funny step)

Khushi(controlling her smile): what's this?

Arnav: open it up and see by yourself.

Khushi opened it and it was a beautiful saree.

Khushi(plainly): I don't want.

Arnav: But why?

Khushi(with fake concern): You will kill the person if anyone will eye on me. I don't want my Birthday will be a death day for someone.

Arnav(controlling his smile): Khushi.. I just teased you that day.

Khushi: Ohh really? Then let me tease you today.(she said with attitude and went)

Arnav smiled at her. He knew she was hitting back for yesterday's act. Let it be.

Khushi took blessings from Arvind and Ratna. They gave her jewelry set as a birthday gift. Khushi was hesitant to accept it but she has no choice at all.

Arvind: Chotte what did you gift her?

Khushi looked at Arnav who was numb. It confused his parents.

Ratna: It must be secret.(she came for his help)

Arnav(making face): Khushi is angry on me. She won't accept if I give her anything.

Khushi was horror-struck.

Khushi: Nothing like that aunty. He is lying ( she retorted for dragging their issue in front of her in-laws)

Arnav(coolly): Am I lying?

Khushi: Yes.

Ratna: What's happening here? Chotte if you are not lying then where is your gift?

Arvind: Yah chotte. What's wrong?

Arnav: what's the use? she won't like it....

Ratna: she will. I know my Bahu. Hai na Khushi?

Khushi plastered a smile at Ratna and nodded yes.

Arnav gave her a box smilingly.

Arnav: Happy birthday Wiffy. He winked.

Ratna: What was that?

Khushi(sighed): Saree aunty.

Ratna: Great selection Chotte. Khushi, go and change. It will look awesome on you.

Khushi went glaring at Arnav who suppressing his smile.

Ratna: Chotte take Khushi to her Mayka she will get blessing from her parents.