Part 26

Part26

Arnav welcomed his in-laws who came to his home to give him a send-off. He looked at Ratna and gestured with his eyes. Ratna nodded ok as she was aware of the situation and also nudged Arvind. Arnav was glancing at the stairs again and again for Khushi's arrival. He saw she was approaching them with Anjali, avoiding her gaze towards Shashi and Shyam. She directly went to Garima and gave her a formal hug. Ratna asked men to make them comfortable in living room and she took the ladies with her to dining room.

Shashi: In which flight are you going Arnav?

Arnav: Morning 5:30 flight uncle.

Shashi: why not evening 5:45?

Arnav: It will reach London in midnight. So I choose morning flight. So that I can take rest and start my work the next day.

Ratna made Gupta ladies in the dining and called HP to serve them dessert. Arnav's eyes never left Khushi but not like before. His eyes were being filled with care and consciousness. But he felt that she was no more nervous. She looked comfortable with her beloved women. Khushi was stealing her husband's glance from time to time which surprised Arnav.

Garima and Anjali were pleased by Ratna and Khushi's comfort with each other.

Garima(to Ratna): I'm so happy seeing you comfortable with Khushi.

Ratna: She is not only my daughter in law but daughter. We are lucky to have such a loveable and caring Bahu.

Khushi already heard it many times from Ratna though she got emotional. Anjali consoled her by pressing her hand giving her a warm smile. But Khushi looked at Arnav, wanted to get the warmth from him who smiled at her hearing their talks. His full concentration fixed at his wife. The men who sat with him understood that when they didn't get any suitable answer from him. They didn't disturb him after that and left him in his own world.

Dining

Everyone assembled at dining. Arnav asked Anjali to sit beside Khushi and he took another side. Arvind and Shashi shared many things and Ratna and Shyam took part in it while Khushi's gaze rooted on her plate. Suddenly they heard Shashi,

Shashi: Arnav, why don't you take Khushi with you?

Khushi's hand stopped in the middle which had morsel. She inwardly appreciated Shashi's idea for the first time and waited for Arnav's reply.

Arnav: yah uncle I too wanted the same. But I'm not sure how long it will take.

His throat got stuck when Khushi turned her face swiftly glaring at him at his stance HOW LONG.

Shashi: That's what I'm asking, what if it takes longer?

Arnav(looking at Khushi who didn't break her gaze yet): I will be busy there and Khushi should be alone at home. She will get bored.

Khushi again looked down at her plate but after that, she didn't even eat a single morsel which was observed by Arnav. Shashi tried to talk with Khushi two or three times as that was the best chance to talk to her because she won't ignore him in front of her in-laws. But Shashi got answers for all his questions only from Arnav instead of Khushi. Shashi understands that Arnav won't allow him to take advantage of the situation against his wife. At one point, Arnav gestured Shashi in a warning manner knowing about his wife's real Avatar. What if she loses her control in front of everyone? No one could control her if she gets angry. Khushi was overwhelmed when she studied her husband's gesture towards his father.

Arnav and Arvind felt bad for Shashi while Ratna was firm in her decision of supporting her Bahu. Being Men, they could understand how it feels to be neglected by his own daughter. But Khushi was not wrong. Shashi himself was the root cause of his daughter's wound. She came so far from her father. She couldn't go back from her point nor could she forgive him. That is what Khushi. She is right. ALWAYS RIGHT.