Spend part 2

I was alive. Somehow. I groaned as I tried to push myself into a sitting position.

"Bree," I heard Glenn grunt. "You okay?"

I sighed, relieved to hear his voice. "Yeah! I'm alright."

Soon, he was at my side. He offered his hand which I took and he pulled me into a standing position.

We started looking around when we heard Nicholas's voice.

"Oh, god," he said, his voice horrified. "Oh, god."

Glenn and I followed his gaze and saw the reason for his distress. Because of the explosion, Aiden had been blown back into some spikes. He was impaled in 5 different places.

"He's dead," Nicholas stated, just sounding more terrified.

Looking around, I saw walkers closing in on us.

"Uh, Glenn," I said, my voice shaky. "I'm not sure what your plan is but you better execute it quickly."

He saw the walkers and nodded. "Noah?" he called. "Tara? Eugene?"

At first, there was no response, but soon enough, Noah walked up to us.

"You guys good?" he asked.

I nodded and Glenn turned his flashlight to the walkers. "Cage is open," he explained. "They're getting out. We need to find-"

"Here!" Eugene's voice called, cutting Glenn off. "Over here!"

After deciding there was nothing we could do about Aiden, I followed Glenn and Noah to the source of Eugene's voice.

We managed to see him through one of the shelves. We were horrified to see that Tara was laying at his feet, unconscious with blood seeping from her head.

"Is she breathing?" Glenn asked, fear in his voice.

"I-I can't tell from here," Eugene stuttered.

"They're getting close!" Spencer yelled to us. He was right. The snarling was getting louder and louder.

We turned as Eugene's voice became fearful.

"Walker," he said faintly. We saw that there was indeed a walker coming for him. "Walker!"

We couldn't find any way to get over to him.

Glenn sighed. "This one's yours, Eugene!" he called. "Take it out."

Eugene shakily rose his gun and was about to shoot it when another walker came up from behind him, knocking him to the floor.

Swearing, I managed to swing myself through the openings in the shelves.

Running over to Eugene, I grabbed the walker by its hair and yanked it's head up, sending my knife through its jaw.

Glenn and Noah came in quick pursuit and they started shooting the other walkers while I grabbed Eugene's hand and pulled him to his feet.

Once the walkers were down, Glenn turned to us. "Get into the office, I'll get Tara."

"I'll come with you!" I insisted.

He shook his head. "No." Turning to Noah, he added, "Make sure she doesn't follow me. Go!"

I sighed in defeat and Eugene, Noah, and I ran into the office, slamming the door closed.

•••

A little later, Glenn and Nicholas came in carrying a still unconscious Tara.

Currently, Glenn and Eugene were checking her over.