Go Getters

We all stood in Carl's room as Rick tried to convince him to come on a supply run with him, me, and Aaron as Carl was playing (and failing) darts.

"You should come with us," he stated.

"Someone's gotta be here for Judith," Carl pointed out, throwing another dart and hitting the wall.

"There's people who wanna help. We'll only be gone a few days, at most. We need supplies, they're gonna be back soon?"

"Is this how it's gonna be now?" Carl asked angrily.

"Yes," Rick answered, his tone scolding. "It is. You know that?"

Carl sighed as he hit the wall again with a dart. "See you in a few days." He walked forward and took the darts out of the wall.

Rick turned to me. "We should get going."

I nodded. "I'll meet you and Aaron downstairs."

Rick, Aaron, and Michonne walked out. I turned to Carl.

"You really should come with us," I reiterated.

He shook his head. "I can't." He turned to me. "You know I can't. I'm not doing anything for that son of a b*tch."

I nodded.

"Why are you going?" he asked.

I sighed. "I need to get out of here for a bit. I thought that after what happened, coming back here was what was right. I thought it would make me feel better. But I just keep seeing them everywhere. It's kind of hard waking up and thinking you're gonna see your dad, but then you realize..."

He nodded. "Come back safe."

He gave me a tight hug.

Before I left, I picked up a dart and threw it.

It hit the bullseye.

"Work on your aim while I'm gone," I teased.

He rolled his eye. "Yeah, yeah."

I met Rick and Aaron downstairs and soon, we were gone.

———
AN: sorry this chapter was so short. also carl and bree are pretty cute. should i have them get together? 🤔