Last Day on Earth Part 4

I felt like I was hyperventilating as the Savior from earlier walked out.

"Good," he said. "You made it. Welcome to where you're going."

His smile grew as he walked up to me.

"Bree Ford," he said. "I remembered it, right? Like you told me to."

I crossed my arms defensively as he leaned forward.

"Not so big and powerful now, are you?" he asked.

I averted my eyes to the ground and he chuckled before addressing the group again.

"We'll take your weapons," he said. He took his gun and pointed it at Carl, causing me to inhale sharply. "Now."

Rick looked terrified. "We can talk about-"

"We're done talking," the man interrupted. "Time to listen."

A group of men came forward. One came over to me and took my gun and my knife. Everyone else's weapons were taken, as well.

As they all backed up, the man continued.

"Okay." He gestured to Maggie. "Let's get her down and get you all on your knees. Lots to cover."

Rick and my dad slowly lowered Maggie down and helped her off the stretcher into a kneeling position.

Slowly, everyone started to kneel except for me.

The man walked up to me again. "I'm gonna need you on your knees, sweetie."

The name infuriated me, but I didn't do anything. I simply spat at his feet and gave him a death glare before sinking to my knees in between Carl and Aaron.

"Let's get the other ones," he ordered. "Right now. Dwight!"

"Yeah?" a man answered, stepping forward. He had longish blonde hair and half of his face looked like it was burnt.

"Chop chop," the man commanded.

Dwight went over to one of the cars and opened the truck. From there, he pulled out Glenn, Michonne, Daryl, and Rosita.

I immediately wanted to go over to them and see if they were alright, but I kept myself down. Somehow I knew that getting up would cause more problems.

After forcing them into the lineup with us, the Savior continued. "All right! We got a full boat! Let's meet the man."

He knocked on the door of the RV and a few moments later, it opened and a man covered in shadows stepped out.

I could make out a smile on his face. "We p*ssing our pants yet?" he asked. As he walked forward and into the light, his features were reavealing. His big gray and black beard, his leather jacket.

His baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.

"Boy," he continued. "Do I have a feeling we're getting close. Yep, gonna be Pee-Pee Pants City here real soon." He stopped in front of us. "Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

"It's this one," the Savior informed, pointing at Rick. "He's the guy."

The man walked up to Rick. "Hi," he greeted. "You're Rick, right? I'm Negan."

Oh, sh*t. God, no.

"I do not appreciate you killing my men," Negan continued. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool, you have no idea how not cool that sh*t is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah, you are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes."