The Day Will Come When You Won't Be Part 3

As the Saviors drove away, everything around me seemed to exist in slow motions. I still hadn't processed everything that had happened. A tear rolled down my face and I didn't have the energy to wipe it away.

Long after the Saviors were gone, none of us had moved.

Finally, we all turned as Maggie struggled to her feet.

"Maggie," Rick said. "Maggie. You need to sit down." He stood up. "Maggie."

"No," she said forcefully, walking over to Glenn.

"We need to get you to the Hilltop."

"You need to go get ready."

"For what?"

"To fight them."

I slowly looked over at her. I agreed with her but I couldn't bring myself to speak.

"They have Daryl," Rick pointed out gently. "They have an army. We would die. All of us."

Maggie took deep breaths. "Go home." She slowly started to cry. "Take everybody with you. I can get there by myself."

I softly closed my eyes as I figured out what Maggie was feeling. She blamed herself.

Rick touched her arm. "You can barely stand up."

"I need to go," she said forcefully, recoiling from Rick's touch. "You need to go to Alexandria. You're out here for me."

"We still are."

She started sobbing. "I can make it now. I can't have you out here, I can't have you all out here anymore. I need you to go back."

I closed my eyes as a soft sob escaped my throat.

Michonne stood up. "Maggie? We're not gonna let you go. Okay?"

"You have to."

"It's not gonna happen," Rick denied, his voice breaking.

I turned as my mom stood up. "Bree and I taking her. We're gonna get her there. We're gonna keep her safe."

My eyes widened slightly. How could she make that big of a decision without me.

She put her hand on Maggie's arm. "I'm not giving you a choice."

"I'm taking him with me," Maggie insisted. I teared up, knowing she meant Glenn. She kneeled by his body.

My mom came over and kneeled in front of me.

"We're gonna take him," she whispered, her voice choking up. "That's what we're gonna do."

I let out another sob before taking a deep breath. I nodded softly.

I stayed where I was as she walked off, staring at the ground.

Soon, someone else came and kneeled in front of me. I didn't look up, but as they put they're hand on my knee, I knew it was Carl.

"Bree," his deep voice whispered.

Letting a tear fall, I forced myself to look up at him.

"We have to go," he whispered.

Sniffling, I looked over to see that my mom, Rosita, and Eugene were getting ready to pick up my dad's body.

I immediately wiped my tears and forced myself to get up.

I walked over and forced back tears as I kneeled down by his body.

We all grabbed a hold of him.

"On three," my mom said softly. "One, two, three."

We lifted him up and carefully carried him to the truck before setting him down.

Rick, Carl, and Aaron came over with Glenn as Maggie stood where she was, sobbing.

My mom took a deep breath and turned to me. She put her hands on my face. "Alright, baby. Come on."

She went to get in the truck.

"Mom," I said, stopping her. She turned to me again.

"I'm not coming with you," I whispered, feeling horrible.

She took a step towards me. "What?"

"I'm sorry. I just...I need to be at Alexandria. They're gonna need me."

She gave me a sad look but she nodded. "Okay."

She pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my cheek before going to get Maggie.

Taking a shaky breath, I went over and got in the RV.

I stared out the window as we slowly pulled away. I felt numb.

It was a really cold morning and I rubbed my arms.

Carl walked over to me and offered me his flannel.

I turned to look back out the window, not having the energy to respond.

"Bree, please take it," he whispered.

I sighed softly and took it, putting it on.

As I watched the passing trees, I could only think about one thing.

How on earth was I gonna live without my dad? Or Glenn?