2: Escape

Chapter 2- Escape

FP held Alice's in his arms as Sheffif Keller evacuated the buliding. Alice was still shaking, she never been so terrified in her life. Three minutes ago, she was just singing on stage and the next she was screaming. Jughead couldn't help notice how his dad was comforting Mrs. C. He was confused. Didn't they hate each other? Betty also noticed how comforting Fp was to her mom. Betty wasn't blind. Her mom told her that her and FP used to date in high school apparently before she dated her father.

The next day was the funeral for Midge Klump. As everyone stared at the casket being lowered into the ground, sad frowns and disgust in their hearts. She was just a normal teenage girl, with hopes and dreams, kind and funny. Toni looked over to Cheryl who was standing up front giving a eulogy. She didn't really know Midge well. She just came to Riverdale High a few months ago. She couldn't actually remember exactly when she came. Cheryl stood in Black cover up, staring down at the ground, feeling the gulit. Did her mother actually save her? She didn't really think so. Her mother was an awful women, sending her to that ghoulish nunnry was heisnt. She drew a soft breath before reading what she wrote.

"Midge was a dear friend. We weren't that close. But she made the vixens enjoyable. I remember one time we all were getting ready for practice and she just started dancing like nobody was around. She had this bright smile, and her fashion was undeniable." She breathed a soft breath, placing a white flower on the casket."I'm so sorry, Midge. You didn't deserve this." She mutters as she walked away, wipe her tears silently, stood next to Toni and she felt Toni's embrace as tears of Gulit rolled down her pale cheeks.

Betty placed a white flower on next, saying a couple words. Alice had tears running down her cheeks. It hadn't even been that many hours since the play. Her mind still could picture the heart-wrenching scene. FP didn't know the girl at all. He still felt sick to his stomach. How could someone be so cruel? His question he had was why? Why did the Black hood start anyway? He heard all about it in shankshaw. The whole time he was worried for his son and Alice. He looked over to next to him. He could see the tears in Alice's eyes. She saw the pure terror in her eyes last night. He couldn't believe in just two days, his life had gone from descant to what the fuck is going on. He honestly was scared for his life. The Black Hood was going after sinners. Technically, he was a huge sinner in the Black Hood's eyes. He knew what he had done wasn't good. Recently he helped clean up another murder. But this time he did it for Alice. Like he told her. He didn't want her and Betty to make the same mistakes he did. Two days ago, Alice had called him panicked about them finding the guy Chic brained's car. How was his son suppose to know that swamp was a dumping ground? When he saw Chic for the first time, he noticed something. He couldn't really put his mind to it. It was just something about him made him suspicious. Chic's got to be in his early 20's. That means that Alice had him in high school. He was either Hal's or someone else's. Maybe Alice got drunk one night.

After the service, everyone got in their cars and went home. Alice wanted to hold FP's hand so badly. She didn't want to make Betty suspicious. She was sure that Betty was getting suspicious, last night when she stood frozen on the stage and he raced to get her. She was still frozen after she screamed. He pulled into his arms and held for what seemed like hours until she was stable enough to walk straight. The way he held her made her feel so much secure. In her car sat in the drivers seat still feeling sick to her stomach. She wondered why he chose to come back. Why now? She didn't understand.

The morning after, FP was sitting in his chair wanting to drown his horrible day with liquor. He hated the feeling he was having. Why does Chic look so like him? No he can't be his son. He's mostly Hal's or one of Alice's flings from High school. He heard the front door open quietly. He looked up and saw Jughead. He could tell Jughead hadn't stop thinking about it either.