26: Do The Unexpected

Chapter 26- Do The Unexpected

One thing that Cheryl never expected was having such a horrible mother. She remembered all the kids in her first year of elementary school; having their parents support them at the talent show. Not for Cheryl; her mother scolded her for even entering but praised her twin brother. She never hated her brother. No she loved him more than anything. He was the one who cheered her on when she came onto the stage. Her father did show affection for her. But when his maple syrup business came his main attention; he neglected her. She faked smiles almost her whole childhood. The only time she was happy was with her brother and now that was gone. Her father killed him. And her mother was just abusive. Verbally, emotionally and physically. You name it she could tell you off the back her head. It didn't matter what you call it. Her mother never loved her. She didn't even think her mother once held her. That was the cold truth.

It's been a few days since the encounter with her horrible halort mother. And Cheryl still had those words running through her brain.

"Oh and Cheryl. I wished your father shot you in the forehead like Jason. Maybe, I wouldn't have such a Starving whore for a daughter."

She rocked in her bed alone besides Toni stopping by every few hours to check on how she was doing. She never missed school until now. She always had the best attendance in all her years of school. And then her mother's words started to have a great impact on her. She had found it hard to get out of bed. She felt like Jason had passed all over again. And this time she knew that it was forever. She had days where she wanted to have him back. And others she wanted to be with him. Or maybe she might be already—darkness.

She heard knocking on her front door. She rolled around in her bed fighting the insomnia within. She didn't want to get out of bed. But the nagging knockers didn't give up. What could they possibly want? She shoved her blankets off her body and stomped her heels into the expensive rug. She dragged her heaviness as she climbed downstairs.

She whipped open the door and was stunned who was there. She didn't even think anybody cared; besides Toni.

"Uh hello." She mumbled barely above a whisper. Fp and Alice were there. How extremely rare? She never seen them near here before. "What are you doing here?" She watched as the two looked at one another. They looked in different then before. What was it about them?

Fp watched as the door opened, Cheryl's eyes were red rimmed and had dark cycles. The poor girl didn't look like she stopped crying since that day. Alice felt her heart stop for Cheryl. What they were about to ask was a lot. How would she react? They hoped she would act better than she acted in the past. He knew she wasn't quite a fan of him and that was perfectly fine. But the father in him didn't like what he saw.

Alice was the first to open her mouth. She looked nervous and yet she was. "Can we come in?" Cheryl looked at them skeptically before inviting them in.

Cheryl stepped aside putting her nails by the door handle and pushed it closed before locking it. Fp took Alice's hand into his. He looked around at the expensive merchandise. Three portraits with unknown people, two candlesticks by the main foyer. She led them a smaller room with dimmer lighting and dark maroon curtains. Alice could feel the odd absence in the home. It wasn't a family home. She only felt more sorry for Cheryl as she scanned the room. Each time more pain for her.

"So cut to the chase." Cheryl's voice came through both of their thoughts. "What would you even want from me? I'm nothing. Nobody even cared enough to take on me when Jason turned up dead. So why now? All the constancy. For what? It's not like I matter." Her voice was grim and her eyes had almost no color.