44: Awkward New Years: PT. 2

Chapter 44: Awkward New Years: PT.2

The party continued throughout the night. After Betty was surprised with a new car, more presents were handed out in the living room. Alice sat down on the couch, holding her squirmy son on her lap, smiling at the cute sounds he was making.

"Alice!" She heard someone call for her. She rolled her eyes at the guy." What do you want, Freddie?" She asked annoyed he was in the room.

Fred scratches nervously at his neck," I just wanted to thank you for telling me to go for it with Hermione. Although... I'm still sorry for what happened on New Years...." He shrugs awkwardly to himself.

Alice scoffed rudely," You mean FP and I found you guys having sex in our jacuzzi hot tub? Oh, yeah. That was a true sight to see." He could hear the sarcasm in her voice.

"It wasn't supposed to happen that way, Alice. We didn't want you find out that why." Alice laughed sarcastically," It would've been nice for my two best friends to tell me that they were dating instead of hiding it." Fred could see hurt reflecting off her eyes.

Taken aback, Fred stood there simmering with guilt. He hadn't thought of her feelings when him and Hermione got together. He was so caught up in the excitement. He forgot that he never told her about them getting back together. He also knew that her finding out the way she did wasn't right either.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, gently sitting down on the couch and turned his body.

Alice still didn't say anything, Koel babbled on her lap and Fred sighed," Al, please say something." He really wished FP was there to him. He was out back with the kids, watching them do backyard karaoke. "I'm sorry that I never told you. That wasn't right. You are one of my best friends, you should've been one of the first people I told."

"Yeah, you should've." Alice simply replied with a huff.

Xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx

X-New Years Eve-X

The night was lit with excitement and joy. It was New Years Eve, the night that the ball drops in time square down in New York City. Well here in Riverdale, it was a little be different. It was a new year and that meant a start over. The kids were at Veronica's annual New Years Eve party that she held down at La Bonne Nuit this year. Alice and FP decided the spend the night cuddled up on the couch.

The door bell rings causing Alice to get off the couch and to answer the door. "Tom, Sierra? What are you doing here?" It had been quite sometime since they saw them. Tom and Sierra had been out of town for winter break visiting Tom's cousins for a wedding.

"I know it's a surprise but we wondering if you and FP are doing anything for the New Year?" Alice shrugged.

"No, not really. Just chilling. What about you and Tom?" The married couple looked at each other and smiled. "Oh. Nothing."

Alice looked at FP, who was still on the couch. He nodded." Do you want to come in?"

The night grew longer, even though it was shorter than the hour before. The doorbell rung again and this time when Alice opened the door. It was Fred and Hermione.

FP looked at the clock and it read: 11:55 P.M. It was almost midnight and to bring on the new coming year. Alice and Sierra were dancing to the music blaring in the background. She and FP decided that they wanted to go over to their hot tub, opened the screen porch and screeched.

"Ah, my eyes!" Alice yelled as she threw her hands over her eyes and back towards FP.

It was like she was in an episode of Friends: TOW: Ross Finds Out. And she was Phoebe when Ross was showing Rachel and her his new apartment he just got and she spotted Chandler and Monica having sex by the open window! That was her life right now. She wasn't expecting to be in an actual episode of FRIENDS. She may joke or quote the show all the time, have debates with Jughead, but to actually have your life like that episode is just weird. Oh, boy Jug is lucky he didn't see it.