Chapter 20

Edward's POV

Shit! shit! shit! What the hell have I just done? I just wanted to be near her yet I acted like a hungry beast. Why can't I control myself? She's really an absolute tease. Damn! Ahhhhh!

I couldn't contain my emotions.

God, why is it so hard to act normally with her?

I pulled my hair out of frustrations.

Mica suddenly entered the door and shock registered on her face as she glances at my messy hair. She didn't attempt to question me as she gets back in her place. I decided to get out of the office. I need fresh air. I need something to calm myself.

I drove all the way to our house where Uncle is staying.

Uncle was also startled upon seeing me. I hugged him and he immediately sensed something was wrong.

"Son, I didn't expect that you're coming. What happened? Did you just have a fight with someone?" he asked me as he held my shoulders.

"Nothing serious, Uncle. I just want to pay a visit. Don't worry about me."

I comb my hair with my right hand and try to paint a smile but as expected he didn't buy my answer.

"Come on son! Spill it out. I'm here to listen." as he encouraged me to open up.  

"Not really so important, Uncle. I can handle this, promise."

I try to convince him.

"You're face is saying otherwise, though. Tss! Son, I may not be your biological father but I'm the one who raised you. I know when you are hiding something or not. Come on." he then walked to the small bar in the living room and he returned with a glass of wine.

"Are you in a relationship right now? Does someone bothers you?" he continued asking me.

"No Uncle. I don't have anyone right now. I'm kinda busy to mess with them." I answered.

"By the way, I had a small talk with your Tito Jun and he told me that you and Denise are dating. Is it true? Have you moved on, Son? Well, I won't go against your decisions. It's still your heart that will decide. I want you to be happy and that's more important to me. So if you like Denise then it's fine with me. Besides, you've known her for a long time." I was a bit surprised on what he said.

"No Uncle, you got it wrong. We're not dating. I'm just comfortable being with her and she's like a sister to me. Well I  don't have a sibling, maybe that's why I'm close with her. But really, it's not what you think." I explained.

"But how about her? Does she feels the same way? You're not getting any younger, son. I think this is the best time for you to settle down. Don't look up to me or to your Tito Rick. I don't want you to go through the same situations we had. Somehow I realized I made both the right and wrong decision in the past. Despite of all these things we have right now, I still feel incomplete and I think I will be for the rest of my life."

Uncle is trying to open up something I haven't heard of.

"I wish I could turn back the time." he  continued.

I never thought that there's something he regrets. Well, he didn't ever talk about his past, except about my mom. I don't even know about my father either.

"All I can tell you son... is.. follow your heart. That's the thing I never did and I regret it my whole life." All I can see is loneliness on his face as he muttered those words.

I'm now here in my condo unit but Uncle's advice stays in my head.

Should I follow my heart? Wait, am I in love with someone? With her? I don't think so.

It's just pure lust I know. It's pure lust as I think of her everytime. Her beautiful face, her body that wakes all my senses and my sexual desire. I'm always wondering how she'll respond to my kiss and how exactly would it feel to be inside her. I even imagine her moaning to satisfaction.

But somehow I'm getting afraid of this growing obsession I have for her.