Chapter 33

***Maya's POV***

Pagka-login ko ay agad akong dumiretso sa client call.

I forgot to eat breakfast kanina kaya medyo kumakalam na sikmura ko. Later na lang ako babawi ng kain.

Inabot din ako ng tatlong oras sa isa at may naka-sched pa akong susunod. Hindi ko alam kung tutuloy pa ako kasi medyo masama na ang pakiramdam ko.

I decided na ituloy na lang yung pangalawa tutal ay magla-lunch na rin naman.

Alam ko sa sarili ko na hindi na ako nakapagdeliver ng maayos sa presentation dahil sa medyo nahihilo na ako.

Napagpasyahan kong sa office na lang mananghalian dahil may naiwan pa akong files na kailangan ko sa client meeting na naka-schedule naman sa hapon.

Hayyzz, kapagod ang araw na to...

Twelve thirty na ng hapon base sa radyo ng sasakyan ko. Kaya pala nag-aalburuto na ang tiyan ko at tila pinagpapawisan na ako kahit na naka-full naman ang aircon ng sasakyan.

Sa labas lang ako ng building nag-park dahil hindi rin naman ako magtatagal sa opisina.

Patawid na ako ng entrance ng building nang namataan ko si Tristan. Alam kong medyo malayo pa siya ng konti dahil malabo pa ang tingin ko sa kanya. Nagawa kong mag wave sa kanya at......

"Trist....." di ko na naituloy ang sasabihin ko dahil ang alam ko ay nawalan na ako ng balanse. Pero bago pa dumilim ang aking paningin ay naramdaman kong may sumalo sa katawan ko...

Di ko na alam ang nangyari pagkatapos.......

***Edward's POV***

I'm still a bit tipsy as I finished drinking at 6am.

I still managed to come to the office and arrived at 10:00am. I have a lot of papers to sign on top of my table.

Mica was quite surprised when she saw me. It could be because it wasn't the usual me who came in. I look so haggard as I glance at myself in the mirror wall...

I dialed the number for Maya's office. I wasn't surprised when her subordinate answered my call. I asked for her and I was told that she has series of client meetings outside the office. I asked for the copy of her schedules and decided to go on lunch.

I exited the building light-headed, with my hands in my pockets. I was about to cross the street going to the car park when I saw her approaching the entrance. Maybe she's done with the client meeting.

I stopped for a moment and looked at her but my forehead creased when I noticed her appearance. She looks like she hasn't slept for weeks and she's quite pale... It's extremely far from how she looked during the fashion show.

I've seen her smiled to someone else and managed to wave her hand to whoever it is. But to my surprise.....she started falling off to the ground. I was just a couple of meters away from her then, and my instinct directed me to catch her.

She fainted!

I got up carrying her and saw Tristan rushing towards us.

"What happened, dude?" he asked.

"She fainted. I'll rush her to the clinic..."

Together, we rushed her to our clinic. We have our own company nurse and an on-call physician. As soon as I put her down to the bed, I called the doctor who's also a family friend. She has her own clinic just a block away from the building. In case of emergency like this, she could easily be reached. She arrived minutes after and did some check on Maya. The nurse gave her first-aid prior.