Chapter 27

***Maya's POV***

Nagyaya naman si Krishia na pumunta ng Shangri-la Plaza pagkatapos namin sa St Francis. May nakita daw kasi syang magandang damit doon na balak niyang bilhin.

Naglalakad kaming magkahawak kamay nang bigla na lamang itong matigilan na animo nakakita ng multo. Tinignan ko ang mukha niya at nagulat ako nang bigla na lang bumuhos ang kanyang mga luha.

"Beshy, bakit? Anong nangyayari sayo?" bigla akong nataranta.

Tahimik siyang lumuluha pero may kung anong poot sa mga mata niya. Hindi ko siya maintindihan.

"I thought I have made the right decision to go here in the Philippines, hindi pala. Napakamalas ko naman at napakaliit ng mundo! Ayaw talaga akong tantanan." iyak ni Krishia.

"Beshy ano bang nangyayari saiyo? Sabihin mo sakin." nag-aalala na ako sa kanya.

"Beshy, I need to go. I'm sorry I just want to be alone. Just for now please. Saka ko na lang sasabihin sayo. I'm sorry. I need to go, I'll just call you." mabilis itong tumalikod at umalis na lumuluha.

Di ako makapaniwala sa nangyari. Ang saya-saya pa lang namin kanina.

Sino kaya ang nakita niya?

Gusto ko siyang habulin pero mas nanaig sa akin ang alamin kung sino ang dahilan ng kaniyang pag-iyak.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang makita ko si Denise habang pumipili ng damit. Siya lang ang tanging customer ngayon na nasa loob ng boutique.

Hindi kaya si Denise ang nakita niya? Pero imposible. Magkakilala kaya sila? Bakit umiyak ng ganoon si Beshy? Hindi.... Hindi naman siguro ang malanding ito...

Ang daming tanong ang nagriregister sa utak ko. At walang ma-process na sagot.

Gusto kong tawagan si Beshy pero nirespeto ko ang kagustuhan niyang mapag-isa. Malalaman ko din ang lahat.

***Edward's POV***

I'm in Germany now.

The struggle that my company is facing is not just a simple one. Our clients are bit by bit withdrawing their deals. We have a great competitor in the country and that's the main reason I'm seeing. A while ago I did meet up with some of our clients to gain back their trust. Probably they know that I'm always out of the country.

After several meetings, I decided to call my buddy, Niel. It's been months since we've seen each other.

Niel and I meet up in a coffee shop. He has his own businesses here in Germany as well.

"Bro! What's up?!" he exclaimed upon seeing me.

"Hi buddy! How is it going?" I'm
pertaining to his personal dilemma.

"I'm fine right now. I've tried winning her back but with no luck..." his excitement immediately vanished.

"You know what, you won't believe that I met your wife in the Philippines. She's now working in a magazine company, bro... In fact, she invited me in her fashion show. Oh I almost forgot, it'll be in two weeks."

"What?! What did she tell you? Did she mention anything about us? Why we ended up like this?" he's asking a lot of questions.

"Nothing. I think she doesn't want to open up either. Just like you. Until now, I really have no idea what had happened between the two of you."

I saw him breathed heavily and gritted his teeth.

I know something is wrong.

"Dude promise me that you won't get mad at me because I didn't tell you. I was too weak, for God's sake! You know how much I love my wife... But then your girl came in the picture and everything got ruined."

"My girl? What exactly are you talking about?" as my forehead creased.

"It's Denise, dude.... She planned everything. She didn't like me at all. All she wanted was to make Krishia suffer by ruining our relationship. She succeeded bro. And I was too foolish to make it happen. I didn't know.... Denise was a great temptation. But believe me bro, we didn't make it... I mean nothing really happened. Krishia just saw the two of us making out in my office that day. Denise went there and she seduced me then we made out and... Krishia has seen it. But my wife believes that Denise and I has something else so she divorced me and she hates me."

"But why would Dennise do that to Krishia?" I can't understand.

"It's because of you bro... Denise is seeing my wife as a great threat...I mean she's thinking that Krishia might take you away from her because of your closeness..."

"What?!"

"I know my wife... I trust her. You're close with her as a friend and she's with you the same way. But Denise is thinking the opposite. She's obsessesed of you, man! Can't you sense? Denise hates my Krishia that much. And now our marriage had suffered.... my foolishness let it happen." I can feel his frustrations.

I couldn't believe that Denise would ruin such a great relationship because of me?

"I think Denise and I need to talk Bro. But let me clear this to you. First of all, I'm not in a relationship with her. She's not my woman. I'm sorry if I was the main reason why your marriage was ruined. I didn't know any of that. I was unaware of everything, man. I apologize..."

"I understand, dude. Hope it's not too late yet. I want my wife back."

"I know. Don't worry, I'll help you as soon as I settled my problems here. My business is struggling and I need help, bro. That's why I came back."

"No worries, you have my back on that, man! You know I can never leave you on such situation."

"Thanks, buddy!" I thanked him and we spent several hours discussing my business dilemma.