Chapter 51

***Edward's POV***

"Hey! Look who's here!"

I was surprised seeing Niel in my office. I never expected that he's coming here in the Philippines without any notice.

"Bro! Aren't you surprised? Hahaha! Miss you, man!"

We hugged and patted each other's back.

"Miss yah too, dude! When did you arrive and where are you staying?"

"I just arrived last night and I'm currently in some hotel nearby. So how's Uncle Conrad?"

"He's fine now, bro! Thanks to..."

"Thanks to whom?"

"Thanks to his girlfriend..."

"He got a girlfriend? Oh geez! Good for him!"

"I know right! Anyway, so how's everything there?"

"Well, my business is so far good... I just came here... you know exactly why I came here, man... "

"Oh shoot! I haven't told you, I forgot dude. She's somewhere in Australia right now but she said they will try to come home next week.."

"They?"

"Oh! With her bestfriend."

"Besfriend? Maya?"

"You know her?"

"Of course! But I haven't seen her in person yet... I've only seen her in pictures... and she's a gorgeous woman, man.... You know my wife is so proud of her... said she's the kindest and humblest person she knows. I'd be complacent if my wife's with her.... you know..... not a bad influence..."

"You think so?"

"Yeah! Krishia told me before that Maya haven't got any boyfriend... I even teased her that maybe her friend is a lesbi, but no... she just has no interest in guys then... Well, I don't know now.... They're exposed to a lot of... you know..."

I was quite annoyed with that thought. Seeing him with Tristan is killing me, more so with other men...

"What's with that face, man? Hmmnn, I smell something fishy, huh?!"

"What?! No, man! I'm just thinking of something.."

"Whatever, man! Hahaha!"

---
We went home to see Uncle Conrad.

"Eyy! Niel! Happy to see you, son! How are you?"

"I'm fine Uncle! I heard what happen to you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to come here that time, been busy with some business issues.."

"That's fine, son!"

I saw Tita Lorena came out of the kitchen.

Well, as time passes by, I learn to interact with her with almost no awkwardness.

I kissed her on the cheek as she approached us.

"By the way, Niel. Meet my girlfriend, Lorena.." my uncle introduced her.

"Just call me Tita." she said and smiled at Niel.

"She's Maya's mom....." I said to Niel which made his eyes widened..

"Really? Well Tita, I'm Krishia's husband... well... ex-husband.. I bet you know her.."

"Oh my God! Talaga? Ikaw si Niel na asawa niya?.... Of course... of course. I know Krishia. She's my daughter's bestfriend... They're like sisters you know.."

"Small world, indeed."

"I agree." uncle responded.

"Well, it's lunch time boys. I'm done cooking so might as well follow me to the dining area.." she smiled to us.