Chapter 45

***Edward's POV***

Tito Rick called and told me that they already arrived in our home. I wanted to talk to Uncle and know what happened.

A weird feeling is taking over me while driving home. I feel nervous as I get nearer to the house...

My heart jumped when I see Yaya Ninay came out of my Uncle's room tearfully...

"What happened Yaya? Where's Uncle?"

"Inside..."

I entered the room and see at least three people in there. But the one who's lying on the bed caught my attention...

Is this Uncle?

I rush to the bed when I recognized his face...

"Uncle?! What happened to you? Tito what happened?"

I want to ask everyone in the room that question.... and no one seem to answer me..

"Son, he got sick of prostate cancer, unfortunately on the last stage... He tried the possible treatments in the U.S. that's why he left several weeks ago... "

"What?! Uncle, why? Why didn't you tell me?" my eyes is full of tears now as I'm seeing him in a heart-rendering situation.

He seemed he lost too much weight. It's too apparent on his face that he's undergoing physical agony... My Uncle, my only family.... Why did this happen to him?

"S---son.... don't be sad... I'm still alive and I'll try my best to live longer for you... I love you..."

"I love you too Uncle, you know that... But why didn't you tell me? What if something happened to you there? You're gonna leave me too? Like mom?"

I can no longer contain my feeling. I sob soundly beside him. I'm not ready for this... not ever...

Tito Rick pat me on the back...

"We need to keep strong for him, son... We'll do everything for him so he can survive longer... You have me here..."

"Thanks Tito... I just can't understand....Why is this happening to us?"

"Don't know too, son. Just remember that everything happens for a reason.."

"Uncle, please be strong. I love you so much... Please get better.. please. I need you..." I'm holding his now so thin hands. His eyes are now closed but tears keep rolling down the side of his eyes...

I can no longer stand the pitiful sight of him. I left the room and went to my own..

"No!!!!"

I screamed as soon as I closed the door behind me.

"Please God No! Please don't take him yet...." I cried in my bed like a child...

(Guys, gusto ninyo ng tissue? 😂😂😂 Bukas na ulit ang update. Pinaiyak ko lang muna si Edward...Sorna! Super pagod nako from work... Goodnight peeps! ❤️)