Chapter 42

***Rick's POV***

Kausap ko ngayon si Conrad. He said he's scheduled for a Robotic prostatectomy, isang advanced surgery procedure para tangalin ang kanyang prostate gland, surrounding tissues nito, lymph nodes at ang kanyang seminal vesicles.

"Are you sure you are ready for it?"

"Kailangan Pare. Last stage na ito eh.. It's either gawin ko oto or hintayin ko na lang ang kamatayan ko.." malungkot na wika nito.

Hindi ko alam kung anong klaseng comfort ang maibibigay ko sa kaibigan ko ngayon... Nasasaktan ako sa mga nangyayari sa kanya. He doesn't deserve his situation right now..

"Pagkatapos nito ay mag-a-undergo pa raw ako ng radiation theraphy at hormonal therapy..."

"Pre, pupuntahan kita diyan. Wag ka na komontra. Nakausap ko na si Maya and her mom is fine... matatagalan pa bago ito umuwi ng probinsiya. Wag ka na mag-alala. Si Edward sobrang alala na sayo... You don't have to hide this Pre. Hayaan mong suportahan ka ng mga taong nagmamahal saiyo.."

"Pare, honestly... nahihirapan na ako sa sitwasyon ko. Parang gusto ko na nga lang mag- give up... Wala naman na patutunguhan ito kung sakali..."

"Yan ang wag na wag mong gagawin. Magagalit ako sayo. Lumaban ka Pre! Ayokong mangyari ulit yung nangyari kay Thelma.... baka di mo na naalala.. Please lang..."

"I'm sorry kung nadadamay ko kayo sa ganito..."

"Pre wag ka ngang ganyan... kainis naman to! Hayyy naku! Basta pupunta ako dyan ASAP. Hintayin mo ko."

***Edward's POV***

It's been a week yet I haven't got any updates on Uncle.

What happen to him?

I need to follow him in the US. Tito Rick said Uncle was in Chicago last week.

I was busy signing documents while thinking on my plans in searching for Uncle...

I raised my head when someone entered the door without knocking. She hugged me and kissed me on both cheeks. I just smiled and let her.

"Why are you not replying to my messages, Edward?"

"I'm kind of busy right now... What is it about?"

"You're busy... you always are... but I heard you're even busier with someone.."

"Denise, let's not talk about it okay... I'm really busy at the moment.."

"Do you really know her? I'm not sure if you would still want her upon knowing about her mom..."

"Who are you talking about?"

"Your employee... Maya? You don't know yet her background... My dad does... Beware of her Edward, she and her mom are wearing their masks..."

"Get straight to the point, Denise.." I'm feeling my blood rise all of a sudden.

"Tito Conrad is an ex-boyfriend of Maya's mom. Dad said that that woman broke up with your uncle when they were still here in Manila. Your uncle was still that hardworking poor man. She left your uncle and married someone else and I'm sure that's Maya's father..."

"What are you trying to imply then?"

"They came back here specially her mom because she knows how rich is her ex-boyfriend now. She's now a widow, you know and she believes that Tito Conrad still has feelings for her. Dad said that woman was the only woman your uncle adores.. She could use Maya in the process.... you know what I mean? Her.... getting uncle back and Maya... getting you..."

My head ached upon hearing those words from Denise...

Why? Why is everyone like that? 

I remember her mom asking me, "Do you know me?"

Does that mean that she knows me? She's Uncle's ex so definitely she knows me!

And Maya? Woahh! Why didn't she tell me? Are they going to hide it from me? Are they planning on something?

I feel like I was fooled.

What's this? Why this always happens to me? What's wrong with me? Am I that easily fooled?

I feel I'm gonna explode so I decided to leave Denise and go straight to a nearby bar...

"All women are the same.... shit!"

I cursed as I drink the alcohol that was just served to me.

I'm beginning to like her.. no! love her would be the right term....and I fell on her trap... Did she plan this? with her mom?

It hurts me more thinking that I easily bit her bait... I thought her kisses responses were true. I thought she's feeling the same way as I do...

"What now Edward?" I keep on asking myself. I think I'm now done with a bottle of vodka.

I tried dialing Tito Rick's number. I just need to confirm..

"Hello..."

"Edward, son?"

"Tito can you tell me honestly? Who is Lorena...?"

Tito had no response for a moment on the other line. I can sense that he was surprised.

"How did you know her?"

"Please.. just answer me Tito..."

"Alright, you really need to know about it now... Lorena was your uncle's ex-girlfriend and the only woman he loves, until now... she's Maya's mom.."

"Okay, Tito... Thanks for confirming.. That's all I needed to know.. Bye!"

"Son..."

I immediately ended the call.