Chapter 25

***Edward's POV***

Almost a month has passed since my last encounter with Maya. That memorable encounter is haunting me everyday. I chose to distant myself because I honestly don't know what to do. I didn't attempt to share my struggles or what really had happened to anyone, even with Uncle.

Honestly, I still question myself why I let that "thing" passed. It's not so me. I could have continued even if she didn't want to. I was just halted then when I saw the tears in her eyes.

Were those tears part of her drama?

Why was she like that?

Were those tears for Tristan.... 'coz somehow she betrayed him without his knowledge?

A big part of me regret that it didn't happen completely. The obsession I have for her remains. It even intensified, I guess.

---
I am here in Quezon City today and just finished a meeting with an old time client.

I need to make sure that the business here in the Philippines is doing fine because the one in Germany is not. I need to fly back next week to settle it.

I'm sitting inside a coffee shop when my eyes suddenly caught a glance at a woman ordering at the counter.

I know her. He's my buddy's wife, or now ex-wife?

"Krishia? Is it you?" I ask her.

"Edward! What are you doing here in the Philippines? It's been a long time." she smiled at me with surprise in her eyes.

"Yeah." I answered as she joins me in my table.

"I heard what happened between you and Niel. I'm sorry. You know... I also couldn't believe that he did it, knowing him. Of all my buddies, you know Niel was the most loyal, to us his friends, to his family and even to you. I just couldn't believe why you both ended up like that. Don't you want to give him another chance?.... People make mistakes Krishia and I think everyone deserves a second chance." as I try to convince her.

"Maybe not. I was really hurt Edward. Maybe Niel didn't tell you the whole story. I understand you are his buddy. I hate him, I'm sorry." as pain registered on her face.

"I understand. Oh by the way, how long have you been here? Where are you staying? Do you work here?" I asked her.

"Yes. It's almost a month now. I'm still in modelling. I'm now working in Mega. Oh speaking of that! We have a sponsored charity event next month. I hope I can invite you. We will have a fashion show for Victoria Secret and the proceeds will go to an institution who's helping cancer patients."

"Sure! I'd like to help as well. I think I can also invite my Tito Rick. You know he has this big heart for cancer patients. Just tell me the details and we will come. By the way, take my number. Here." as I gave her my card.

I then left Krishia and went back to the office. I decided to tell Tito Rick about it and as expected, he's excited. Maybe because the love of his life died in cancer as well, way back.

---
My week is quite busy and stressfull as I'm trying to resolve the issues in my business in Germany. My people there are struggling so I needed to be there. I had Mica booked me a flight for next week. I also made necessary endorsements so I can be complacent upon leaving.

Suddenly I think of her again as I ran through the emails and saw her name. She sends reports everyday of course, copying me. But I haven't seen her for quite some time now. Well, I prevented myself from seeing her. I chose not to. 'Coz I might not know what I can do the next time.

Also, sometimes Denise occupies my free time. She loves to see me almost everyday. I already told her anyway, that what we have is just pure friendship. She somewhat agreed but she told me that since I don't have a girlfriend yet then she will be until I find one. I just laughed at her and let her be.... provided she won't ever interfere in my decisions. I made it clear to her that I just love her as a sibling.

Tito Jun, his father, on the other hand is somewhat determined that her daughter will be married to me in time. I told him that in case I plan to marry in the future, I'll make sure that it has nothing to do with business. I strongly separate business from personal aspect. I love them as a family but they need to understand that I have my own life.

***Krishia's POV***

Bigla akong nalungkot nang makita ko si Edward. Honestly, I'm missing Niel already lalo na nang makausap ko si Edward. Eto kasi ang ka-close ng ex ko noong panahong mag-asawa pa kami. Hindi lang ako sigurado kung alam nga ni Edward ang dahilan ng paghihiwalay namin. Ayokong bangitin sa kanya ang mga bagay na iyon lalo na't kahit papano ay may kinalaman siya.

Hay mundo, bakit ang liit mo?

Mabuti na lamang at nandito ang aking beshy na laging nagtsi-cheer up sakin. Ngunit hindi rin niya maikakaila sakin na may sarili din siyang pinagdadaanan. Kilala namin ang likaw ng bituka ng isa't isa. Magaling magtago ng nararamdaman si Maya pero ramdam ko ito. Di niya ako sinagot noong tinanong ko kung nagkaroon na siya ng boyfriend. Alam kong napakapihikan nito sa lalaki.

Di naman kaya family or work lang ang problema ni beshy? Hmmnn, maka-pag imbestiga nga sa sunod naming pagkikita.