13. Crumble💫

Chapter 13 my sugar plums 💛
———

A week later

Elena

One thing I can say about this whole situation is that I've been doing pretty ok. I haven't sunken back into my depressed state and I've been feeling better, meeting new people.

Maybe because I realized that it wasn't even a resin for me to be upset about this. I have been running on this treadmill at the gym for 30 minutes now and it's time to move onto something else.

I step off carefully and make my way to the ab workout machine. I start doing my reps and go back to zoning out.

I mean, who is he to blame? We were both single, it's not like we were dating or talking like that or at least he never made it official. Maybe I was over reacting.

But I can say something, he hasn't given up. He calls me everyday at least three times a day, of course I ignore them but I can't understand why I do. I finish up my workout for the day and make my way over to the locker where there is a man standing. He had a nice chocolate complexion and was ripped.

I try to wait as long as possibly for him to eventually leave but he never does, so I just decide to take my shy, awkward self over there like that'd be a good idea.

I start putting in my combination and can't help but feel his eyes on me, he made it obvious. Probably so I could have a reason to look at him; but, I don't, I just finish the rest of my combination,grab my stuff, and leave out the door. I call an Uber to my house to get ready for our coffee date that we started back up.

When I finally make it home, I take a quick shower and try to figure out a style to wear. I could straighten it but I'm already running late. Or I could put it up into a ponytail, nah I don't feel like it today. I finally settle on going to get dressed and based on that, I'll figure out my hairstyle.

I grab a mustard yellow halter top paired with black jeans with rips in them, completed with the old skool Vans and an anklet. I finally figure out what hairstyle to do, and its straightened, Niya will just have to be waiting. She's picking me up anyways so.

———

"Damn took you long enough." I just hoped into Niya's care and she's already yelling at me about my timing.

"Ok, sorry some of us don't have that natural beauty you have. To just be able to wake up and actually look like that." She swats me on my arm with a huge grin on her face.

Something I love about Niya is that she's a very humble person, unless you mess with her then it's over. But she doesn't brag about anything she has or is.

She drives us off to the cafe and I ended up zoning out into the window. Thinking about what it could've been. I'm interrupted by our favorite song coming through the radio.

Lately been on that fuck a nigga shit (fuck a nigga shit)
Take a nigga bitch and then I pass her to the clique (grra, pow, pow, pow)
I say, see me, I don't got no time for no bitch (time for no bitch)
I just get 'em for the bros, I'm just worried 'bout them chips, I'ma, ayy
Shot call, lil nigga, I'ma stay wild (huh, huh)
Hot nigga, I belong in a dog pound ('long in a dog pound)
Shot call, lil nigga, I'ma stay wild (bitch)
Hot nigga, I belong in a dog pound (grra, pow, pow, pow)

Niya was singing the background part like we had rehearsed this before. I start doing little hand motions and bounce in the car letting my worries leave for a quick second. Noticing that this is one of the very few times I've had some fun since the break up and Adonis's heated session.

Finally reaching the cafe since she wanted to take the long way, for what reason? I don't really know. We sit in our same usual spot and I look out the window as she rambles on about whatever had happened in her office today.

I got to meet an amazing, handsome, funny guy here who turned out to be just how the papers made him sound.

Like a fuckboy who couldn't keep his thang in his pants. I never got that vibe from him, he didn't pressure me into doing it. Hell when he had the chance, he didn't even think twice about taking it. But he was like the media portrayed him.

Niya goes to order our food, already knowing what I want. I sit there still starring out the window, instantly being hit with regret.

What if that wasn't what I saw? What if I just overreacted from being hurt in the past? I run my hands over my face, besting myself up over this whole thing.

What if I'm the one that fucked up.

———

Adonis

It's been some days after and I haven't gotten the courage to face her. I already know how she's react, and it won't be pleasant on my side. Especially since she's already been cheated on, it's just a normal thing now. I've been sitting on my brand new couch, reminiscing about that Friday night like it happened years ago.

That's what it feels like, I haven't seen her face in a long time. I mean why would she even want to look at me after what I did. I was suppose to be one of the people she trusted and I just destroyed it in a blink of an eye.

I sit there pissed at myself for letting her even get near me. I should've known something was up when Chad came in after the whole thing, grinning like he just won the lottery.

They both left out as I sat there and debated if I should run after her or let her have some space. But I waited too long, when I ran out she was gone and no where to be found.

I sat on that curb, not able to grasp on what just happened, while my dad's words started swarming through my head, "Everything is always your fault," or "you're am the reason behind everything that has ever went wrong. You'll never be like Tony."

Those words were so accurate right now and I finally saw what he meant. Tony was always better than me at everything, even relationships obviously. He was older, way taller, and better.

That night, for the first time in a while, I hated myself. So much that I just drank the whole night away at home, throwing dishes and destroying my furniture which is why I had to buy a whole new living room set. Letting my rage get out. And that same night I learned another thing; that nothing lasts and sooner or later, the one person or thing you enjoy will crumble in front of you.

And you can't do anything to stop it.