14|| Shiro's return

A few months later....

Keith

The castle had picked up a distress signal from an unknown ship, so I was sent to go investigate it. I spotted the small craft and flew towards it. 

"Hello? Is anyone in there?" I asked through the mic.

"Yes," said a familiar voice, who coughed after.

"Shiro?" I asked.

"It's me."

**

I brought Shiro back to the castle, and Kekini helped heal a wound on his leg. Hunk got him some food and water while I stayed by his side the entire time.

"What happened?? Where were you?" I asked curiously.

"I'd rather not talk about it right now," Shiro said. "Where's Jade?"

"About that...." I really didn't want to tell Shiro we had lost one of our most powerful weapons. "She was kinda... taken? By Lotor."

"WHAT?!" Shiro yelled. I winced.

"After you disappeared, Lotor offered Jade a deal, an alliance. She wanted to take it... but I didn't let her. She got mad, we argued and... she left. She's with Lotor now, and we haven't been able to get into contact with her since," I said sadly. I really missed her, whether it was training or planning our next move to beating the Galra.

"And you didn't think to go after her?!" Shiro yelled. "Why would she do that?!"

"Shiro, it's not her fault, it's something with her powers," I explained everything I knew and even some theories to Shiro, and he calmed down as he took everything in.

"Either way, we need to get Jade back. I don't trust her with Lotor, to think of what they could do.." Shiro shuddered. "Terrifying."

"I haven't been the leader I wanted to be Shiro," I said, disappointed in myself. "But everything will be okay now that you're back!"

"No, Keith, the Black Lion as choosen you, I can't force you out," Shiro said. "This is your place now, and you're going to have to accept it."

"Shiro-"

"That's enough. Get the rest of the team. We're getting Jade back today."

***

Jade

Over the months, I had made friends with Lotor's guards, and Lotor even showed me his plans for the Galra empire. I was honestly amazed at how organized he was at everything. For the new emperor of the Galra, he seemed to be very relaxed.

I was at the bridge, talking with Ezor (who was a lot like Kekini) when Lotor walked in.

"Jade? A word please," he said. I excused myself from Ezor and walked towards  He took me to his room, where he had the desk full of papers. "I think I may have found a way to get your friend  a new body of his own. It wouldn't be too difficult either. You would keep the same power, always have control, and you get your friend back."

I grinned. "Great. So how's it going to work?"

"I'm afraid it will take Altean magic, so if you could somehow contact the Princess, it would-"

"Why can't you get Haggar?"

"Because I don't trust her," Lotor said haughtily. "Allura would never do anything to harm or manipulate you, so she is our best hope."

"Alright, let me see what I can do."

I walked to my room, where I sat at the desk and opened up a communication link. I found the link to the castle and clicked on it. It was immediately opened, with Keith and Shiro at the camera.