Part 41

I’m gonna love you through it

Part 41

*Selena’s POV*

Justin had gone to the doctor this morning before I had even woken up. He said he had a people to see after the appointment, which I figured was his mom.

Bentley was currently laying in his play pin looking at the ceiling. I decided it was time to do something I hadn’t done in a very long time.

I glanced at Bent one last time before running up stairs quickly and grabbing my song book. I used to write a lot especially when I was in the hospital, but since meeting Justin I hadn’t really had much time. I was feeling really overwhelmed with the feeling I had about Justin. I was so happy for the first time in too long.

I sat there thinking about all the things that Justin meant to me. Not only was he a great guy and handsome but he was also my rock. I didn’t know if I could do half the things I did without him. I didn’t know what I would do without him. I would be so lost. This world and this cancer would have killed me already.

I wrote at the top of the page ‘if I didn’t have you’ and began writing what popped into my head.

'Sometimes it feels like, I'm gonna break

Sometimes this world gives more than I can take

Sometimes, sunshine gets lost in the rain

And it just keeps pouring down’

I sat there and thought about what I could write next. I let my mind wonder. Letting the pen write on the paper.

'This life would kill me if I didn't have you

I couldn’t live without you baby

I wouldn’t want to

If you didn’t love me so much

I’d never make it through’

Before I knew it I had finished the song. I took a Lott at Bentley who was asleep and decided to run back upstairs and put it away.

I was putting it in the normal spot when I heard Bentley begin to cry. I sighed and set it on my nightstand running downstairs to see Justin calming Bentley.

"Justin? When did you get here?" I asked startled.

"Just a minute ago. What was Bentley doing alone?"

"He was asleep and I had to go upstairs to … do something."

He rocked him softly in his arms and I quickly decided to change the subject, “How’d it go?”

"Fine. The doctor said I can start touring whenever I’m ready. Then I went to talk to Scooter. He said we will pick up the tour in 2 months. And we will start practicing in a month to just be safe."

I nodded my head listening to what he said.

"Well, I’m going to go take a shower. I love you." He walked over placing a kiss on Bentley’s head and a kiss on my lips before disappearing upstairs.

*Justin’s POV*

After giving Sel and Bent a kiss I went upstairs to jump in the shower. I went into our room, closing the door behind me. I went into the bathroom and turned on the water letting it heat up as I got undressed.

It always took our shower a little bit to heat up so I left the bathroom and went back into the bedroom to get my phone when I saw an unfamiliar book on Selena’s night stand. I noticed that it had writing on cover.

I picked it up running my hand along to front, before opening it and flipping though the pages.

Each page had a date and I noticed that one had today’s date. I sat down on the bed and read the words quietly to myself. The lyrics to this song was amazing and I couldn’t believe Selena has Talent like this. After hearing Selena sing yesterday I knew she was talented but being able to write like this was icing on the cake. I set it down where I found it and hopped into the shower.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around me and went into the bedroom. As I walked through the bedroom to get to our closet I noticed that the notebook had been moved.

After I got dressed, I headed out of the room to find both Bentley and Selena in Bentley’s room. I imminently walked over to Selena and wrapped my arms around her.

"I was thinking tomorrow we should get family photos done,” I whispered in her ear softly.

She smiled looking down at Bentley’s little hands, “That would be amazing.”

She slipped out of my arms placing a sleeping Bentley into his crib before grabbing my hand leading me out of the room. “Justin, I want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I don’t think you have any idea how grateful I am. I love you so much.” Suddenly she threw her arms around my neck holding me tight.

I ran my hand up and down her back, “I would do anything for you and Bentley. I love you both so much. I can’t wait to be a official family. I love you.”

"Speaking of ‘official family,’ I was thinking make we could get married after the tour is over. Nothing too big, just friends and family."

"Anything you want baby girl," I said.

"Have you happened to think about opening for the tour?" I asked hopeful.

"Justin.. I-I don’t know. I’m still thinking. It’s just a lot to take in. I’ll give you an answer by the end of the week. Okay?"

I nodded my head and dropped the subject. There was no way she was going to say no. I just knew it. Or at least I hoped she wouldn’t say no.