Part 16

I’m gonna love you through it

Part 16

*Selena’s POV*

It had only been days since my surgery and Justin and I were already getting on each others last nerve. I was still really sore and that made me more irritable. The smallest things would get on my nerves.

Justin, thankfully had started going to work and staying later than usual and I knew it was because of me and that made me even more upset.

Justin and I also started sleeping in different beds because we just couldn’t handle it anymore. I was staying in his guest room but I honestly couldn’t care less. 

Okay maybe it hurt a little that Justin couldn’t stand to be in the same bed with me but I knew he was trying to make me happy. I couldn’t blame him for trying. He really was going a great job at taking care of me.

He would always make sure I had my medication on time and that I slept when I needed to and ate when I needed too.

I had been doing the same things for the past few days since I got here I would sit on my bed and watch tv all afternoon until I fell asleep. That’s when Justin would get him wake me up for my medication and tuck me in.

I was so ready to go home and not have to worry about Justin getting on my nerves or me getting on his. I knew I had to be causing him stress with all thats going on and my attitude was not helping at all.     

Justin came home late again and of course dinner was already made. Justin had told me not to worry about things like cooking and cleaning especially since I was supposed to be recovering but I felt like I had to, to be a good house guest.

We ate in silence like we’d been doing for the past few nights.  

I pushed the food on my plate around with my fork as a blurted out “I’m going back home tomorrow.”

He slowly looked up from his plate, “Why?”

"This have been so hard for us since I’ve been staying here. It’s pushing us apart. We should be dying to be with each other not wanting to be far apart."

"I know we’ve been kind of rocky lately but all couples are like that."

"Justin, I know you don’t want me here. It’s for the best. I’ll be out of here by the time you come home from work tomorrow."

*Justin’s POV *

I got up from the table throwing my plate in the sink and stormed off to my bedroom.

Did she really believe I didn’t want her here? Had I made her feel unwelcome? I knew she would have to go home sometime but I didn’t know it would be because of us.

This was supposed to be fun. It was supposed to be exciting. What had happened the that madly in love couple for two weeks ago?

I look over at my desk seeing the song Selena had found a while back sitting on top of the stack of papers. I hadn’t found time to finish the song yet.

I went over and sat at the desk going over the song. I got my guitar and started strumming. I played with the lyrics and added a few new ones before playing with some cords and putting it together.

"Selena! Come here babe!" I yelled toward the door.

Selena  walked through to the door, leaning against the frame.

I looked down at my guitar and started strumming the notes for her as I began to sing her song.

I looked up from the guitar as I finished the last note and saw Selena had been crying. I gently set my guitar down and walked over wrapping my arms around her.

I didn’t say a word while she cried into my chest. I just held her because I knew that’s what she needed.

I had been stressing her out too much the the fighting and staying late at work. I wasn’t being a good boyfriend at all.

We made our way up to my room and I held her in bed as we cuddled. I thought she was asleep until she looked up at me with her sweet eyes whispering “Thank you. I love you.”

"I’m sorry Selena. I’ve been suck a jerk with you here. And I’m sorry. Please stay? I’ll - I’ll not work so late. Hell, I’ll take a week off! And we can cuddled in bed before you go to sleep. I know you love cuddling. And ill…. Make you food and I’ll watch chick flicks with you and I just want to be with you Selena. Please stay?"

Selena smiled slightly, “Okay. I’ll stay.”