Part 42

I’m gonna love you through it

Part 42

*Selena’s POV*

In all honest, I had been avoiding Justin all day. Today was the day I had promised Justin his answer about if I would open for the last part of his tour.

I had thought hard about it but I still had no idea what I was going to do. I think that I decided that when Justin finally caught up to me I would say the first thing that came to my head.

At the moment I was hiding in the laundry room folding some of Bentley’s clothes that I had washed the day before. I set all the folded clothes in a big basket. I opened the door and poked my head out making sure that the coast was clear before I darted out running up to Bentley’s room.

Before I knew it was safe up the stairs. I looked down the hall carefully before going into Bentley’s room to put away the clothes.

As I walked into his room, I saw Justin standing there rocking Bentley. I cussed under my breath knowing there was no way to get out of this now.

“We need to talk,” Justin said walking past me.

I set the basket down and followed him out the room and down the stairs.

Justin set Bentley down in his play pin and plopped down on the love seat.

I sat across from him on the longer sofa, trying my best to avoid eye contact.

After a few moments of silence, Justin decided to start talking. “So what did you pick?”

I figured acting dumb would buy me more time, “About what?”

Justin gave me the ‘I know what you’re trying to do’ look before stating, “About the opening act.”

Before I could stop the words from coming out of my mouth, I said, “Yes.”

He stood up and ran over pulling me into a tight embrace, “Thank you! This is going to be great I promise!”

I smiled a bit knowing that I had made Justin happy, but little did he know that after these last few concerts, I was never going to preform again. There was nothing anyone could say about it.

-

I sat in Bentley’s room and rocked him as he fell into sleep. He was really such a peaceful baby. I told myself to remember these moment, because I didn’t know how many more I would be able to have with him.

I hadn’t even told Justin yet, but these days, I wasn’t doing very well. I was throwing up blood multiple times a day, and I was just feeling so much pain.

I knew if I didn’t start treatment soon, I wasn’t going to live to see the end of the tour, or even see Bentley go to his first day of school, and that scared me.

-

Later that day, Justin sat in the living room watching TV while I decided to bake some cookies for us.

I put all the ingredients in the big bowl and mixed it. I got out a baking sheet and spaced the cookies out on the sheet. I set the cookies in the oven and put the timer on before going to join Justin in the living room.

I looked down at Bentley who was playing with a black little thing. I didn’t recognize the toy. “What’s that?” I said softly, taking the box out of bentley’s hand.

I rotated the little velvet box in my hands and opened it. Inside the box was a bright and shiny diamond ring.

I swallowed hard and turned to Justin who was smiling wide looking at me, “Justin…What is this?”

“Selena Marie Gomez, from the moment we met, I knew there was something special about you. You changed my life in the best way possible. You opened my eyes to things I had never seen. You made me a new man. These past few months with you have been the best months of my entire life. I can’t imagine my life without you. You know that I love you and Bentley more than anything. I would do anything for you guys. I know we’ve been through some rough times but we got through it together. I know that no matter what jumps in our way we can conquer it together. I know that I will never meet anyone more perfect than you. I know that I will never find someone that I love more than you. I want to spend forever with you. I want to wake up and hold you in my arms knowing that you’re mine and only mine forever. I can’t risk losing you. So, Selena Marie Gomez, would you do that honor of marrying me?”

I sat back on the sofa in utter shock. I hadn’t seen this coming at all. I couldn’t see myself with anyone but Justin. I couldn’t picture my life without him.

I let a smile grow on my face and I began to nod my head, “Of course, I’ll marry you, Justin.”

He smiled bigger than I had ever seen him smile before and he pulled me into a hug and kissed me with love.

I had never been the marrying type but with Justin everything was different, he made me believe in love again, and I couldn’t wait to marry him.