Part 29

I’m gonna love you through it

Part 29

*Selena’s POV*

After the show in Las Vegas, my health had taken a turn for the worse. I wasn’t even sure if it was the cancer or if I was just sick. After all I had been though in the last week, you would think maybe I would get a break but somehow God felt like I could handle more. I was in no way questioning his plan but I didn’t know how much more I could handle emotionally and I didn’t know how much more my body could handle.

Justin was my rock throughout this whole thing. I didn’t know what I would do without him here to keep me sane.

Justin sat in his dressing room with me while the doctor had checked me out. No one knew what was wrong with me including my doctor, Dr. Bradford.

“Selena, I can’t find a single thing wrong with you. It would just be a bug,” Doctor Bradford told me. “You may just have to sleep it off.” She put her materials back into her bag closing it back it. “I’ll check on you soon.”

“Justin, I can’t handle this anymore. I really think I’m dying.” Here came the uncontrollable tears again. I honestly had no idea why I was in so much pain. This wasn’t even the normal pain I got from my cancer. And it wasn’t even the pain I normally felt from Chemo, this was like nothing before. I didn’t even know this kind of pain was possible.

About 30 minutes later, Doctor Bradford came back in to check on me. “So I been doing some research and I’m going to run some test. I’m going to need some blood and urine samples.”

Thankfully she got what she needed a quickly so I was able to close my eyes for a little whole before I had to get ready to watches Jay’s concert.

 I closed my eyes softly letting my mind wonder, thinking of the same reoccurring nightmare I had been having for the past 4 months.

I had just picked up groceries for the week for Justin and I, then I was on my way to the car. I always walked quickly to my car to avoid anything, but today was such a beautiful day I decided to take my time. Once I reached the car I started to dug in my bottomless pit of a purse looking for my keys.

"Excuse me ma’am." I looked up started seeing a man in his mid to late 20’s.

I found my keys holding them tight in my hand. I reached over unlocking me car. “I’m sorry. I’m kind of in a hurry.”

Suddenly, he threw me in the back of my unlocked car and started to take off my clothes. “I’ll take this. In cause I need to find you later on.” He said harshly grabbing my car insurance and getting out of the car.

I sat in the back of the car crying. I tired my best to grab my phone and called Justin.

I woke up startled from the nightmare. I was so tired of having they dream, again and again. I tired my hardest to forget that day. Somehow Justin hadn’t find out thankfully I had been able to keep my mouth shut.

All of a sudden, the pain came back and I started to scream in pain. Justin grabbed my hand trying to calm me.

*Justin’s POV*

Selena had been sleeping for quite awhile. I was glad she was getting a break from all the pain she was in. It made me feel so helpless that I couldn’t do anything to help. I at least wish we knew what was wrong with her.

Scooter had just came in giving me my 20 minute warning. I gave Sel a gentle kiss on her forehead.

As I placed my hand on the doorknob, I heard Sel start to scream. These last few months on and off Sel would wake up screaming in the middle of the night. I had assumed she was having dreams about her dad and I didn’t want to pry for information. I knew if she wanted me to know or talk about it she would.

I ran over to her wiping the sweat off her head. “Shhh. It’s okay love. It’s okay. It was just a dream. I have to go put my mic on. Are you okay in here?” I looked at her as she nodded her head weakly.

After my mic was on and we hid our prayer and chant a bit earlier so I could check on Sel before heading on stage. I ran back into the dressing room with 5 minutes to spare.

"I love you, Sel. I’ll come see you as soon as I’m done. Get some rest. It will help." I looked up and saw tears coming up into her eyes.

"Jay don’t leave me. Please. I need you."

In an instant my heart shattered to little bits. I didn’t want to leave her but I had a arena full of people waiting for me. “I’ll see you after.” I said not looking back at her while I head out the door.

*Selena POV*

I could not believe Justin just left me like he did. I told him not to and he left me. I was in pain and scared and I needed him now more than ever. I

 was sitting in the room pouting when doctor Bradford came in with a worried expression on her face.

"Selena you’re test results are back ….."