Part 49

I’m Gonna Love You Through It

Part 49

*Justin’s POV*

I looked into the tall mirror stretched across the room, and took a deep breathe. I adjusted my jacket again, and checked in the mirror once again.

I jumped a bit when I felt a hand placed on my shoulder, “Son, it looks perfect. Calm down. Everything is going to go perfect.”

I smiled turning around to see my dad, and hugged him tight, “When did you get in?”

“Just go here,” he said with a smile on his face.

“I know it was short notice. You didn’t have to come you know?”

He gave me a stern look, “You know I wouldn’t miss this for the world. I think we have a wedding to go to.”

A big smile consumed my face. I looked into the mirror one last time before walking out of the room and heading down to the homemade aisle.

*Selena’s POV*

I sat in the chair taking deep breathes, trying to calm myself as best as possible. “I can do this. It’s just Justin. You love Justin. He’s waiting for you,” I whispered to myself. To say I was nervous was an understatement. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Justin, just the idea of a wedding was nerve-racking.

“Selena! It’s time to put on the dress. It’s almost time to get out there,” Carin said to me.

I took another deep breath before unlocking the door to the bathroom before walking out.

“You okay?” she asked as they slid my dress on.

I nodded my head, “Perfect.”

“Your prince charming is waiting for you, don’t keep him waiting,” my mom said, with a twinkle in her eye.

“Um.. guys you go out there. I want to talk to my mom for a moment,” I said. They nodded and walked out without a question.

“Oh honey, you look so beautiful,” she said giving me a hug.

I held onto her tight, “Thank you mommy.”

“I remember when I got married to your father,” she started, “I was as nervous as you are now. But being married, it one of the best thing in the world. You are going to have so much fun.”

“Mommy, I haven’t told anyone this but it’s eating me alive. I have to tell someone,” I said trying my hardest not to cry and ruin my make-up.

“What is it, Selena? You can tell me.”

“The doctor I saw last week, gave me less than a year to live.”

Her eyes widened and she pulled me close rubbing my back, “It’s okay. Hey, we’ll talk about this after the wedding. Now, it’s a happy time. Okay, no tears. Your father would be so proud of you. He loved you so much. And even though he’s not here physically, he’s here. He’s all around us. He’s in your heart.”

I smiled and nodded, “I know he is. You go on. I need just one second alone. I’ll be right out.”

She nodded and hugged me one more time before leaving the bedroom that all the girls had got ready in.

I sighed and sat on the bed, closing my eyes. “Hi daddy. It’s really happening. I found someone I love very much. He makes me happy, daddy. I know you would just love him. He take care of me. I know you’re here with me. I just wanted to say thank you for sending Justin my way. I know it was you who did that. I love you so much daddy. I better get going. They’re all waiting for me. I love you. I’ll be seeing you soon.”