Chapter 5: Sudden changes

(Yesterday's A/N was deleted as I stated in said A/N.)

3rd Person POV

It has been a few days since the fire 'incident'. The prince has become ill with an unknown disease. The Heartfelt Kingdom's royal family believed that Frisk poisoned Alexander, since Alexander got sick one day after the fire. So, they sentenced him to Capital punishment. They were preparing the guillotine when suddenly, Frisk disappeared without a trace. Nobody in the Heartfelt Kingdom knows what happened to him and the guards are on patrol round the clock because of that. But we know what happened to him, readers. He went to the Monster Kingdom and begged for mercy (Since he thought that everyone believed that he poisoned Alexander.). But instead of getting killed on the spot, the Royal Family welcomed him into the Castle and told him that he can stay. Everyone has changed since then.

Asgore has become more alert and stays closer to Chara than usual. He even made another room just so Frisk couldn't have a reason to sleep in Chara's room. Toriel has become even more friendly and takes care of Frisk as if he was her son. Asriel has started listening to the local bards' songs more. But Chara changed the most. Instead of going outside every day, like she used to do, she has become more 'reclusive'. She only sees others during lunch or dinner, if you talk to her, she will ignore you and her window is always open. Even when Asriel entered just to take something he forgot in there, Chara handed him whatever he forgot and kicked him out of the room. Strange...

Frisk's POV

It is currently time for dinner but since I ate earlier, I can roam around the Castle. I take this chance and sneak into Chara's room. Nothing unusual here. I look outside and I see.....a flower with a face? I decide to stay hidden so it doesn't see me. Seems like the flower doesn't want to enter or anything so I walk towards the door. With the corner of my eye, I see a book under the bed. It says "Magical flowers and their effects.". I decide to read it but as soon as I open the book, Chara grabs the book from my hands, puts it back on the bookshelf and kicks me out of the room. Strange. I've never seen Chara act like this before. I'll ask Asriel about this tomorrow, right now, I'm too tired to think straight. I return to my room and I sit on my bed. I start thinking about Chara's behavior until sleep overtakes me.

Chara's POV

Ugh, that idiot. Doesn't he know that he shouldn't invade other people's property?! Anyways, I look outside my window and I see Flowey right under it. "Hello, flower boy." I say. "DON'T CALL ME THAT, YOU IDIOT! I TOLD YOU, MY NAME IS FLOWEY!" Flowey screeched. God, his voice sounds like Asriel on helium. That flower, as annoying as he is, is pretty useful. He has helped me with a lot of different things in the past. "Shut it, flower boy." I respond. Flowey keeps his mouth shut since Frisk and Asriel's rooms are right next to mine. Dad suddenly opens the door and Flowey falls off the window because he got scared. What a scaredy-cat. "Chara, my daughter, is everything alright? We heard screeching and got worried." Dad said. "Everything is fine, dad, I just... had a nightmare! That's all!" I lied. "Huh." Dad said then left. Guess he got somewhat suspicious. Oh well. Because I know it will take Flowey forever to get back up on the window, I decide to lay on my bed and fall asleep.

(Sorry, again, for deleting the A/N and making it in the first place.)

((If anyone is wondering, Asgore only heard "DON'T CALL ME THAT, YOU IDIOT!" and "MY NAME IS...". Everything decides to make noise at night.))