Chapter 38: 'Casual' family moments

Tick, tock.

The clock struck 10.

Everyone was awake.

Except for Chara.

She is very tired.

She needs to rest after what happened last night.

Frisk brought her a cup of tea and a bit of toast a few minutes ago. So far, she hasn't even touched those. Kai is staying with her since Frisk has to take over Chara's duties for now. "Mom, are you okay...?" Kai asked. No response. "Mom?" Kai said while slightly shaking Chara. Chara simply huffed. Kai wasn't satisfied with that answer. So, he just fell on her. "...silly boy..." Chara said, while petting his hair. "Mom! You're ruining my hair! Ugh!" Kai said. Chara simply smiled.

Toriel walked into the room, holding the other 2 beans. "Good morning, my child. I have decided to keep you some company until you're better." Toriel said, as she sat down on the floor. "...mom, you don't have to sit on the floor..." Chara said, tired. "I'll be fine, my child." Toriel said. "I even brought my 2 other grandchildren." Toriel added proudly. Hope and Zephyr were just confused. Kai just stayed on Chara while she was laying on her side, looking at Toriel and the 2 new beans. Zephyr was pretty happy, seeing his mom, while Hope was just looking around.

Chara extended her hand towards Zephyr. Zephyr just ducked forwards so he could lay his head on Chara's palm. "...no, Zephyr... Your hand..." Chara said. Hope understood quicker and put her hand on Chara's palm. "...see, your sister understands..." Chara said, still tired. Zephyr literally couldn't care less about it. He just wanted to lay down. Toriel noticed and put Zephyr right next to Chara. "Dreemurr pile!" Kai yelled. "...I don't think I could handle grandma Tori on my back, Kai..." Chara pointed out. Toriel just let out a lighthearted chuckle, then put Hope on Chara's back. Eventually, Frisk entered the room and saw this mess.

"Hi Dad! Come join the Dreemurr pile!" Kai said, excited. "...please don't lay on my back, Frisk..." Chara said. Frisk was trying to hold in his laughter. Frisk then just laid on his side of the bed, turned around, got close and wrapped his arms around Chara's waist. "...at least you aren't on my back..." Chara said. "The Dreemurr pile is getting larger!" Kai said. Toriel also got Asgore and Asriel to see this. "Having fun there, sis?" Asriel asked Chara. Chara just huffed.

Zephyr was just looking at Asriel as if he was Alexander or someone like that. Every time Asriel put his hand close, Zephyr would try and push it away. "Hey, why doesn't my nephew like me?" Asriel complained. "...you're practically a stranger to him, Azzy..." Chara explained. Asriel tried to do the same with Hope. She also pushed his hand away. But then, she fell on Frisk. "Caught you." Frisk said. Hope just clung onto his arm. Toriel ran to get the camera. "...mom, no..." Chara said, not getting any sleep at all. Toriel still took a photo of the Dreemurr pile. Zephyr was trying to get the cup of tea that Frisk brought earlier but he managed to spill it all over himself and the bed. Before anyone could say anything, Toriel took him to the bathroom. "...great, now I have to wash the bed sheets..." Chara complained. "Calm down, I'll wash it for you tomorrow..." Frisk said. "Now, let's all get some rest." Frisk added, even if it was still quite early.

And then, all of them closed their eyes and tried to sleep.

(Happy?)

((Fixed something in Chapter 35. Go check out my talking.))

(((Can you really call it a Dreemurr pile? I mean, it doesn't even include Toriel, Asgore and Asriel.)))

(Obviously, the 3 other Dreemurrs left once the pile fell asleep.)