Chapter 43: The final encounter

It's been a few more days since the Sentries' report.

The Royal Guard is ready to attack.

Chara and Asgore have become even more overprotective and always wear their armor.

Alphys sent Etho to the Castle, since she thought that he would be safer there.

Mettaton is finally making himself useful by guarding the gate with Sans and Papyrus.

Undyne was checking if all of the guards were there, when...

The gate broke down.

The Royal Guard, Undyne, Chara and Asgore all went first to fight this thing. That thing was none other than Flora. But, every attack that hit her would instantly turn into a MISS. "Huh?!" Chara said, before getting swiped away by one of Flora's attacks. Flora grabbed Asgore with a large arm made out of magic. "You better put my father down right now!" Chara said, then charged towards Flora. She was about to strike when she got swiped away again. "Alright, so, melee is a no-go." Chara concluded. Frisk and Kai cast a few spells, but to no avail. Flora would deflect their projectiles and sometimes even throw them back at them. Mettaton's blinding light didn't even work on her. Frisk decided to check her stats.

[ * Flora

LV: ??

HP: ??/??

Weapon: Worn Dagger

Armor: None

* Really wants your family dead. ]

Frisk noticed that her LV and HP were just question marks. Just like when Chara used 'Omega Flowey'. "Chara, try and use that beast against her!" Frisk told Chara. Chara understood what Frisk meant when he said 'beast'. Her eyes turned red and started glowing. 'Omega Flowey' had been summoned. Chara swiped at Flora. 1 damage. At least it made Flora drop Asgore. "Do you REALLY think that you can defeat a GODDESS like ME?" Flora said, before laughing like the annoying prick she is. "I don't see any goddesses here, I only see a miserable woman who can't get over the past." Chara said.

That made Flora angry.

Flora started using a lot of attacks only on Chara. Luckily, Chara was durable. Chara fought back, but only used either swipes or vines. Nothing else. Eventually, Flora started using heavier and heavier attacks on Chara, dealing from 1 damage to 4. Meanwhile, Chara was dealing around 1-2 damage per attack. Eventually, Flora had enough. She summoned a large beam and shot it right at Chara and 'Omega Flowey', turning 'Omega Flowey' to red dust. But Chara hadn't left her current state. Without something to control, she was basically stuck. The broken strings returned to her arms. It's like she was stuck in some sort of limbo.

Chara's POV

I see a black and white place. It reminds me of a landscape. But, where is everyone? I walk around, only to find nothing. I venture into the opening in between the mountains. A dead end. I see a large shadow behind me. It looks so familiar, yet not. The only thing I see around me anymore are multiple copies of the same shadow, all saying what the original said. "So, where shall we start?". Wait, I know that voice... "...no, no no, no, no, NO!" I said, afraid. "How hilarious. Look how the tables have turned! You're the one now pleading for mercy." The shadow said. "I-I thought you were dead! D-Did you return to haunt me?!" I said, panicking. "I told you there would be consequences." The shadow said, before approaching me. "Chara, he's not real!" "He's just a figment of your imagination!" "Now, go get them!" I heard some voices tell me. They sounded exactly like Frisk, Asriel and Kai. I thought about it. "...Y-Yeah, you aren't real! This is all just a trick to make me feel powerless!" I said, before charging at the shadow, with a newly-summoned knife. "W-Wait, no! I can explain!" The shadow said, before I sliced it in half. The other copies disappeared along with it.

And I returned to where I was.

3rd Person POV

Chara was right on top of Flora, her eyes still glowing red. "!bnɘ ɘʜɈ ƨi ƨiʜɈ ɘvɘilɘd Ɉ'nɒɔ I" (More gibberish.) Chara said. Flora tried to push her back, but to no avail. Chara was stronger. Her knife was hovering right over Flora's head. Flora had an idea. She quickly grabbed Chara with her arm made out of magic. At that point, Chara also returned to the real world. Frisk tried to attack the arm so it would put Chara down, but Flora threw him at a wall. Chara was enraged. Etho also went to help Chara, but Flora grabbed him by his right leg and threw him at the ground.

Kai snapped.

He charged towards Flora, without any problems. Lucky for him, his black side somewhat camouflages him during the night. Kai shoved the trident in her sides. Every time Flora moved even a little bit, Kai would shove the trident deeper. Flora's 'arm' eventually disappeared, dropping Chara to the ground. Then, Flora's SOUL showed up and shattered, right in front of everyone. Chara concluded that Flora was using SOUL Flowers.

Chara picked up Flora's, now dead, body and left for the cliff where Alexander died. She ordered the Royal Guard to take care of the injured and to fix the gate and the wall. Chara threw Flora's body over the cliff and made sure that it would reach the bottom. "Now you can meet him in Hell." Chara said, before leaving the cliff.

(Was this battle lame?)

((Oh look, the SOUL Flowers made a return.))

(((...)))