Chapter 25: A calmer atmosphere

3rd Person POV

It has been a few months since Frisk, Chara, Flowey and the child returned from the Heartfelt Kingdom. Thunder still doesn't know that they are typing 'for' instead of 'from' most of the time. The child eventually told everyone their name but everybody thought that saying [VHS static] is impossible, so Chara and Frisk named them 'Kai', just so they could have a 'proper' name. Kai really likes that name.

Everyone now knows about Frisk and Chara's relationship, and that by itself brought even more rumors to life. Toriel keeps calling Kai 'her grandson', even if Chara has told her a million times that she and Frisk are just his caretakers and not his parents. Asgore understood Chara the second time she said the same exact thing. Kai likes hanging out with Flowey and Asriel, even if he mostly stays at 'home'.

There have been a few mishaps during those months, like that one time Kai found a snake and Frisk got bit so Kai wouldn't get bit. Thankfully, it wasn't poisonous, it was just painful. Or that one time where the beast showed up but it wasn't hostile at all because Kai was petting it. Chara actually fainted at that. Or maybe that one time where Kai accidentally called Chara 'Mom'. She instantly freaked out. I guess she just doesn't like being called 'Mother'. Frisk is okay with it, though. Kai oftentimes calls him 'Dad'.

[Meanwhile, in the Heartfelt Kingdom]

Things are taking a turn for the worse. Alexander seems to have gone completely insane. He wants to cause another endless war. Why? So he can kill Frisk and forcefully marry Chara. Even after all of the times that he tortured her. The guards are tired. The wizard can't heal them all. Alexander has practically turned into a dictator. Now, you might be wondering, where are the King and Queen? Well, Alexander killed them. Why? Just so he could take over the throne earlier. I'm pretty sure that a revolution is on its way. And the best part is that everyone thinks that a monster killed them. Well, Alexander is a 'monster', after all.

[Back in the Monster Kingdom]

Right now, Frisk, Chara and Kai are visiting Sans and Papyrus. Papyrus is talking to Frisk and Chara about how he wishes the best for them and about what has been spotted recently. After a long conversation, mostly about spaghetti and wishes, Chara only understood that nothing has been spotted recently. Meanwhile, Sans was using his levitation powers on Kai. It's weird because Kai seems to not have an actual soul, yet magic can affect him. "Are you being careful, Sans?" Chara asked. "don't worry, kiddo, i'm being as careful as i can be." Sans replied. "ARE YOU GETTING OVERPROTECTIVE OF THE SMALL HUMAN?" Papyrus asked Chara. "N-No! I just don't want Sans to do something stupid." Chara said. "relax, kiddo. i wouldn't do something stupid. besides, i'm a BONE-ified expert." Sans said. Chara and Papyrus both grunted at that pun. Frisk just had a smile in his face, same for Kai.

"That's it, we're going home." Chara said. "Oh come on!" Kai replied. "It's getting late, Kai." "Fine.". Sans then put down Kai and he ran towards Chara. "Okay, let's go M-, I mean, Chara!" Kai said. He clearly dodged a bullet there. After Frisk, Chara and Kai waved goodbye to the skeleton brothers, they returned to the Castle.

(I was in a hurry, AGAIN.)

((I couldn't sleep today. Too many nightmares about suicide.))

(((And that's the story of how one user managed to give me anxiety at 12 AM.)))

(Here, have a chapter that doesn't include at least 1 character dying.)