Chapter 26: Irredeemable

(This chapter sucks because it mainly focuses on Alexander.)

"WORK HARDER!" Alexander yelled at the workers. They've been working for 3 days non-stop just to make this 'weapon'. Alexander calls it 'The Monster Banisher'. Nobody really knows what it can do. Not even Alexander himself. He just found the design in an old book, talking about the war that split the kingdoms. Everyone is sure that Alexander is insane, since his personality changes in the snap of a finger.

'What can make her like me...?' Alexander thought. 'What if I also adopt a kid?' Alexander thought again. Who's going to tell him the truth? I won't even try. 'Is that black and white thing even a kid? Probably, since it's pretty short.' Alexander thought, then went to go adopt a kid. He isn't even responsible enough for a kid. 'Maybe then, she'll see some good in me!'.

Keep on dreaming, Alex.

[A few weeks later, because I'm lazy.]

"Father, what are they making?" Etho asked (If you want a fun fact, just look up 'Ethos'. I just altered that word slightly so it could be turned into a name.). "They're making something very important, Etho." Alexander said. "How important?" Etho asked. "Very, very important. So important, that it'll make you a famous prince." Alexander said. "Really?" "Yes. Now, let them work, Etho."

Etho is a very 'interesting' child. He usually sneaks out and goes to the Monster Kingdom. He actually has met Kai. They are friends and they tell each other what has happened. But sometimes, even Etho has tricks up his sleeve. Sometimes, he tells Kai fake news. Very smart for a 10-year-old. He has also met Chara and Frisk. He understands why his 'father' is so addicted with marrying Chara. She's a nice and beautiful person after all. But Etho believes that Chara is better off with Frisk. They're clearly meant for each other.

"Etho? ETHO!" Alexander yelled. "Y-Yes, father?" Etho asked. "What are you thinking about?" "N-Nothing, father!" "Hmm.". Seems like Alexander is suspicious of something. Again. Last time, he was as blind as a bat though so I don't think Alexander will find out. "Etho?" "Yes, father?" "Do you know Chara Dreemurr?" "...N-No, father. Who is she?" "Well, you will call her 'Mother' soon enough.". Even Etho found that disturbing. He clearly wants Chara to be with Frisk and not Alexander.

Now, how about the most surprising part of these few weeks? Alexander has surprisingly gotten a 'fan cult'. They seem to worship him and treat him like a god. They still completely ignore Etho though. Etho doesn't mind that the fan cult is ignoring him. The leader of the fan cult, a woman by the name of Flora, is as attracted to Alexander as Alexander is attracted to Chara. She would even kill someone just so Alexander could notice her.

The Monster Kingdom rumors have, sadly, arrived to the Heartfelt Kingdom as well. Alexander is enraged. Everyone is forced to work harder and harder and whoever got sick and couldn't show up, was instantly executed. It didn't even feel morally wrong to Alexander. He felt as if he was being a good king. But we all know that he isn't. Etho wishes that he could at least stop this madness, but his father doesn't seem to want to stop. Especially after finding out that Frisk and Chara are together.

The fear of a new war is slowly rising in the Heartfelt Kingdom.

(Fun Fact: Flora was also the name of Alexander's, now dead, mother aka the Queen.)

((When your own son despises you.))

(((You'll probably hate me in the next few chapters.)))