Chapter 27: Better known than unknown

3rd Person POV

"Okay, Kai, just...remember what I told you!" Chara said. "Stay focused!". They seem to be training Kai so he can use magic too. Frisk is talking to Toriel about what has happened recently, while Asriel and Asgore cheer for Kai. "You can do it, Kai!" "Kai, stay determined!". Kai tried to focus...and he managed to summon his weapon. A black trident. Well, more like a fork for now. "It's okay, Kai, it'll change when you get better with handling magic." Chara reassured him. "It's still better than Frisk's first try..." "But I've never had any experience with magic before that!" "I know, Frisk, I'm just messing with you!". "Okay, Kai. Tomorrow, we'll practice summoning our special attack." Chara said. Kai instantly got excited. "Calm down, Kai. You have to relax first! Now, let's go home." Chara said. Frisk, Chara and Kai waved goodbye to the Dreemurrs and returned to their rooms.

[Meanwhile, in the Heartfelt Kingdom]

"Father..." Etho started. "If you executed Chara, then how is she still alive?" "It's the work of our stupid wizard. I would have executed him too but he's the only wizard left." "So, does that make him an endangered species?" "NO, YOU FOOLISH CHILD!". "My King, the weapon is almost complete." A servant told them. "Good. As soon as it's done, we will go to war." Alexander said, then laughed like a wanna-be villain. Etho didn't find that funny at all. He was worried. He really liked the monsters and they never did something wrong to him. It seems like monsters are just misunderstood. "I know what you are thinking, Etho. 'Why should we kill the monsters?'. It's very simple, Etho. They are a threat to humanity. They are practically planning to kill us. They even killed your grandparents." Alexander said. Etho pretended to believe that when in reality, he knows that that's just a lie.

[Back in the Monster Kingdom]

"So, did you meet your friend today?" Frisk said, trying to start a conversation with Kai. "I actually didn't... I guess he was just too busy to come to our meeting spot." Kai said. "Then, what do you usually tell each other?" Frisk asked. Chara was secretly eavesdropping on their conversation. "We usually tell each other what happened... Yesterday, he told me that his father is making a weapon... Can you make a weapon too, dad?" Kai asked, waiting for a 'yes'. "Sorry Kai, but I cannot make weapons." Frisk said. "Aww..." Kai replied. "Now tell me, Kai, what kind of weapon is Etho's father making?" Frisk asked. "Oh, he told me it was a thing he calls 'The Monster Banisher'.". As soon as Kai said that, Chara froze. She knew the weapon's abilities. It was used in the first war to banish the monsters. It could kill at least 100 monsters with only one shot. Chara eventually unfroze and left the room to warn everyone of the upcoming attack.

[A few days later...]

The monsters were ready for the upcoming attack. The Royal Guard, even stronger than before with the use of Alphys' machinery. Asgore and Chara would give orders with Undyne to the Royal Guard. Frisk wouldn't let Chara go at first, neither would Kai, but eventually, they agreed to let her go ONLY if they could fight as well. As worried as that made Chara, at least that means more power. Alphys provided them with a bit of armor, since Chara and Asgore were already wearing their Royal Armor sets. Kai seems to have gotten the beast to side with the monsters, so they have an advantage there. Frisk, Chara and Kai shared their 'last words' with each other, in case one of them died. Frisk secretly saved his file, just in case something goes terribly wrong.

And then, they waited.

(Prepare for war, everyone.)

((I might not be able to update for a few days. School n' stuff. But I'm sure that from the 6th of June onwards, I'll be able to update daily again.))

(((Tell me if you see any mistakes.)))

(I remembered The Iliad while I was writing this chapter. Look it up if you want.)