Chapter 9: Memory lane

(I was planning to not update today but determination got the better of me.)

...

....

.....huh....?

...why do i feel so...weightless?...

I open my eyes. I look around... No colors at all... Everything is either black or white. I look at my hands... Only a black outline. I explore this strange place for a while until I see some doors... This reminds me of a door in a dark blue area. But, I've never been there. I open the first door and...

I see a little girl, aged around 9. This place seems very familiar. The Golden flowers, the trees around the area, even the clouds. And then, a Golden flower starts talking to the little girl. I finally realize what was happening.

I was watching my own memories.

I get closer so I can hear what they are saying. Lucky for me, they can't see me. "Hello, Mr. Golden flower!" 'Chara' said. I remember when I used to call Flowey Mr. Golden flower... And he was okay with it. Good times... "Howdy, are you lost?" 'Flowey' asked. "No, I'm not lost, Mr Golden flower! I'm here with my family!" 'Chara' answered. "My name is Flowey, what's yours?" 'Flowey' asked 'Chara'.

"My name is Chara Dreemurr."

And then, I was kicked out of that memory. What happened to the old Flowey? The one who was so nice and didn't want to cause harm to anyone? Anyways, I open the second door. In this memory, I seem to be slightly older, probably around 11. 'Me' and my family are outside, having a picnic. 10-year-old Asriel really is a goof. He seems to be talking to me about his beloved 'God of Hyperdeath' form. I still remember that drawing. Very good times. He asked me what I was doing earlier and the memory ended with 'me' saying "Nothing.". Then, I was kicked out of the memory again.

The memories keep ending when 'I' say something specific... Are those words clues?

I open the third and last door. This was a memory from something that happened a few days ago. Asriel and I had an argument. Nothing much happened in this one but it ended with Asriel saying "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!" and me replying "I'm sorry.".

So, let's see... 'My name is Chara Dreemurr, Nothing, You're dead to me and I'm sorry.'

...

My name is Chara Dreemurr, I am nothing, I'm dead to everyone and I'm sorry.

...

But that's impossible.

Because I know that I am something. Something important. And I'm sorry for everything.

I start to feel something within me...

...

I feel DETERMINED to live...!

.....

But nothing happened.

3rd Person POV

The kingdom has fallen into depression. Their princess, nearing death. Everyone is hoping that a miracle will happen. Even Alphys doesn't know what to do. Everyone has changed a lot.

Toriel is always sad and has become very overprotective. Asgore tries to act strong but deep within him, he's always crying. Asriel regrets their argument and wishes that he could say sorry for everything. Frisk never leaves the room where Chara is kept. He's always there, crying, hoping that she will wake up. He always holds her hand. Alphys has become more reclusive, being afraid that she will mess something up and kill the princess. Undyne is trying to act strong throughout all of this. Flowey regrets everything up to this point. And everyone else is either sobbing all day and night or trying to act strong, just like Asgore.

The Monster Kingdom is going downhill, while the Heartfelt Kingdom is thinking of exploiting this weakness.

(I want to thank everyone for the support these last few days. Even just viewing a chapter without voting or writing a comment makes me happy. Thank you all, and see you tomorrow.)

((something))