Chapter 24: Back to normal...?

3rd Person POV

It has been a few weeks since Chara last exited the tower. According to the child, which actually told Frisk its name, Chara now has her body back. Right now, she's just waiting for a day where the entire Castle will be empty so she can just walk out of there. The child has a plan to empty the Castle earlier than intended.

The child/?!?!?!'s POV (Yes, that's their name. Lol. If you are wondering, they are related to !!!!! and ?????)

"Alright, Mr. Dreamy, flower, hear me out! We just have to make a distraction!" "But how are we going to make a distraction?" "Simple, we just have to set the nearby woods on fire!"

"WHAT?!" Mr. Dreamy and the flower yelled. I guess they didn't like my idea. "No! We are not burning down a forest just so the royal family can leave the Castle!" Mr. Dreamy told me, disappointed in me. "Well, then, how about... a festival?" I suggest. They seem to like this idea more than the other one. "But how are we going to make a festival.." The flower asked. "Well, in 2 days, there's a festival in town." "How do you know that?" "I used to live here.". Mr. Dreamy sighed. He probably thinks that the flower is stupid or something.

[Meanwhile, at the wizard's tower]

Chara's POV

I look out the window and I sigh. Look at the children having fun, the adults, telling jokes. I wish I could go down there and pretend that nothing happened. But, I can't. First, they would fire G- I mean, the wizard. And second, I'd be back in that torture chamber until I finally let out my last breath. Alexander's personality changes in a fraction of a second. At first, he might seem nice, then he becomes obsessive, psychotic, depressed, excited, and the list goes on. Trust me when I say obsessive, psychotic and excited. I found out about all of those the hard way. Even just thinking about it makes me shiver.

"How are you doing, H-" "Just call me Chara. Chara Dreemurr." "Oh, so, that was your name! I'm sorry, I forgot..." "It's fine, now warn me if Alexander comes up here or something like that." "Of course, your highness.". At least the wizard is loyal. "You know, there's a festival in 2 days.." The wizard told me. That means that I can leave without anyone noticing! "Thank you for telling me." "You're welcome.". And so, we wait.

[Time-skip to the day of the festival]

3rd Person POV

Today's the day. Today's the day where Chara can finally leave and they can all return to the Monster Kingdom. The royal family has left the Castle. Frisk, Flowey and ?!?!?! are hiding just outside the Castle's entrance. Alexander seemed suspicious of something and kept looking back at the Castle. Eventually, Chara exited the Castle. Frisk intentionally carried her, bridal-style, all the way back to the Monster Kingdom. "Frisk, you didn't need to do that." Chara said. "I'm sorry, it's just that I missed you..." Frisk said. Chara gave him a kiss on the cheek. That, apperantly, was enough for Frisk to blush until they reached the Monster Kingdom.

"My children! They are all safe!" Toriel declared and hugged all of them. Even Asgore and Asriel joined the hug. A celebration was held for them, since they returned alive. Eventually, they returned to their rooms. Since they felt bad for the child being left alone all of the time, Frisk and Chara became the child's caretakers.

And obviously, more rumors came to life.

(How nice. A chapter that isn't about death, torture or anything in between.)

((Are you proud of me, guys?))

(((Okay, so, I know nobody will actually write a comment on this before the next chapter but I still wanted to ask you guys, tell me a nice name that would suit the child so Frisk and Chara don't have to say '?!?!?!' all of the time.)))