Chapter 41: Are you a star?

It was 9 AM.

Only a few people were awake.

Kai was one of the few people awake.

He had plans for today and was excited.

He tried to get off the Dreemurr pile without disturbing them. He didn't have to worry about changing, since he fell asleep wearing his casual clothing. He slowly left the room, trying to not wake the others up and ran through the Castle's hallways, eventually reaching the exit. He walked around the Monster Kingdom, monsters waved at him and he waved back, and eventually, he found the place that he wanted to find.

Alphys' Lab.

He gently knocked on the door. He was expecting Undyne or Alphys to open the door but... "Good morning, Kai.". Etho opened the door. "Good morning, Etho! So, are you ready to hang out together?" Kai said, clearly excited about hanging out with his best friend. "I'm clearly ready, now follow me to my room. Alphys doesn't want us to mess with her experiments and materials." Etho said, then slowly walked up a few stairs. Kai followed. But he tripped on the last step. "Ow!" Kai said. "Please be careful." Etho said, then helped up Kai. Finally, they entered Etho's room. "So, what do you think?" Etho asked.

It was a pretty simple room, colored light blue like the rest of the lab, with a few metal parts then and there. Etho had tried to make it more homely by asking for a window and a bit of furniture. He got what he wanted. He got a window, a desk, a few books, coloring pencils, a bed that isn't just a hay stack, and much more.

These were better living conditions than those when he was with Alexander in the Heartfelt Kingdom's Castle.

"I like it." Kai simply said, then chose a random book. "Stargazing..." He read. "Have you never stargazed before?" Etho asked. "I actually have! I used to stargaze when I was bored." Kai said, then looked at the book. "But I never found any constellations!" Kai added. "It's pretty simple to find them, Kai. They are usually shaped like animals, gods, mythical creatures or even manufactured devices." Etho said, making it sound simple. "Oh, so, is this a constellation?" Kai said, while pointing at a picture of Ursa Major (Hey, look at me, I know my constellations.) ((I know that one because I always see it though.)) . "Yes, Kai, that is a constellation." Etho confirmed. For some strange reason, he liked seeing Kai be happy. Kai was just staring at him. "What are you doing?" Etho asked. "I'm stargazing." Kai answered. "You are supposed to look at the sky, not at me." Etho said, clearly not understanding the situation right now. That slightly annoyed Kai but he let it slide for now. So, he went back to reading the book about stargazing.

Meanwhile, Etho started drawing a few random things, like stars and flowers.

Eventually, Kai got tired of reading and went to see what Etho was drawing. "Nice drawings." Kai said. That scared Etho and made him ruin his drawing. "Oh, I'm sorry..." Kai said, sad. "It's okay, I can draw that again..." Etho reassured Kai. They played a few games and talked to each other until the clock struck 10 PM and Kai had to leave. After their goodbyes, Etho just laid on his bed, thinking about what happened today. 'Wait, he said he was stargazing and he was looking at me...' Etho thought. Etho then gained an almost visible blush. 'Ugh, that flirt! He was calling me a star and I didn't realize it until now!' Etho concluded.

He then tried to ignore Kai's other flirts during their hangout and fell asleep.

(Kai is just a miniature Frisk.)

((*cough*))

(((I want all of them to be happy.)))

(I wonder how many people will question this entire chapter...)