Chapter 13 - Cat's Out of the Bag

"I can't believe my sisters needed an extra two suitcases to fit all their shopping in" Dimitri groaned, collecting their baggage and putting them on to a trolley.

"Quit complaining, Comrade – you know a good chunk of it's mine" Rose laughed.

In truth, Dimitri was in a fabulous mood. They'd had dinner at a café in Munich before catching the train back to the airport, checking in an additional two suitcases, and boarding their flight for Moscow. The plane was all but deserted, so they'd had a row of three seats to themselves. After the seatbelt sign was off, Rose had ended up sitting on his lap, the two of them kissing more and more passionately. They were both so turned on by the end of the flight that Dimitri seriously considered changing their ongoing flights and finding a hotel for the night where they could do with each other what they both so desperately wanted. If it wasn't going to be their first time together, he's sure he would have.

The further they got from Montana, and St. Vladimir's, the more normal they were feeling about being together. Not that Janine would like this development. Dimitri was sure when she'd said 'do the right thing by Rose' she'd meant staying away from her romantically and sexually. But as far as Dimitri was concerned, finally becoming Rose's lover would be doing the right thing by her. And it was an inevitability - the pull between them was getting stronger and stronger. And how the hell was he meant to refuse to take the next step when Roza had been sitting on his lap, arms around his neck, whispering in his ear how she dreamed about how good it was going to feel to have him inside her?!

It was just past midnight, and they were ready to check in for the last flight of the evening to Novosibirsk. Rose had taken the obligatory photo of the two of them in front of a sign saying "Moscow Sheremetyevo International Airport" while they'd waited for their bags and then he took her to exchange some money into rubles.

"We're better off changing money here; the exchange rate is more competitive than it will be in Novosibirsk. Although, we'll probably use US dollars or Euros for your fur purchases. I can negotiate a better price if I can offer them foreign currency."

As they sat in the departure lounge waiting for their flight to be called, she prepared her next text to Lissa and Eddie.

So I'm not there now, but this is where we spent the afternoon.

Well, not the airport. We went shopping! Filled two suitcases withclothes! Will text again from my next stop to let you know whereI'm sending this from. Don't tell anyone - Rose xoxo

She attached the photo taken at the Munich airport and then sent it. As far as she could calculate, it would be just after 2 pm in Montana, so Lissa and Eddie would probably get this one when they woke up, along with the one she'd send from Novosibirsk.

They'd been traveling for what felt like forever and while being together was fun, the idea of a proper meal and a warm bed was appealing. Dimitri had explained they'd be changing time zones again, so while it was a four hour flight, they'd be getting into Tolmachevo Airport around 7 am local time. Because the shops wouldn't open until 10 am, he'd arranged for a car from St. Basil's to be left for them at the airport, and they'd head to the local Guardian transit house in town for a rest and a shower.

"Does that mean a chance for some private time, Comrade?" Rose had asked hopefully.

"Afraid not, milaya. Unless it's changed since I was last there a couple of years ago, the Novosibirsk transit house is an open dorm in a highrise with about 20 single cots, a couple of bathrooms, a kitchen and lots of sleeping Guardians. It makes St. Vladimir's dorm living look fancy," he'd chuckled. Seeing her disappointed look, Dimitri added softly "Besides I'm very much looking forward to sleeping with you at my family house tonight. I can't wait to introduce you to my family, have a wonderful dinner, and then take you up to my room and my bed."