Chapter 81 - Sounds About Right

"I can't believe we're going to Court! Together!" Lissa was bouncing up and down in her seat as the plane started its descent towards the Court runway. They were sitting at the back of the small plane – Rose and Dimitri seated side by side in comfortable beige leather chairs, Lissa in another facing them. The seat beside Lissa was vacant, so for half the flight she'd sprawled across the two and slept while Rose and Dimitri had made out. However she was awake now and beyond excited, so Rose was chatting with her while Dimitri looked out the window - his duster closed across his lap concealing the evidence of a somewhat different type of excitement.

He was just about counting down the seconds until they arrived. It would be close to midday by the time they were in and settled, but it would be worth it. Abe had handled all the arrangements for the trip and had surprised Dimitri by accommodating them all at the most expensive hotel in Court. Dimitri had tried to argue it was unnecessary, but Abe had been adamant.

"Dimitri, when a Moroi man brings his Dhampir mistress to court, he stays in guest accommodation and orders takeout, so it's discreet. When he comes to Court with his family, he stays at a hotel and goes out to restaurants. This is a big week for Janine and me. We're pretty much announcing ourselves as a couple, and with Rose as a family. As a very wealthy man coming to Court with my family, I've booked Janine and me the Presidential Suite at the most expensive hotel in Court, and I plan to make sure Janine enjoys every luxury Court has to offer. Rose, too. Which is why I've booked you newlyweds the Honeymoon Suite," he explained, refusing to discuss the issue any further.

It was bright overhead when they arrived, and everyone was weary. Driving from the landing strip to the hotel their party checked in as quickly as possible. The hotel was ready for them, getting them into their rooms with maximum efficiency. They were all on the top floor – as expected Abe and Janine in the best suite. Pavel and another Guardian were discreetly accommodated in a room that adjoined their living room but had its own entry out onto the hallway. Rose and Dimitri were in the Honeymoon Suite just down the hall. Next to them were interconnecting twin rooms with a couple of Guardians in each, and finally, Lissa was in a room down the end that connected to a twin room beside it that Matthews and Hughes were sharing.

Guardian protocol dictated that the door between Lissa's room and theirs should be kept open, or at least ajar, at all times. None of them were thrilled with the idea. Setting her bags down in her room, Lissa determinedly marched to the doorway, looking in to see the Guardians each putting their luggage on a bed.

"Leslie? Celeste? You know how I'm a Spirit user, right? Well as part of that I can read auras. I know how you two feel about each other, and I couldn't be happier for you both. I'd like you to enjoy your time together and privacy this week, so let's keep this door shut and locked, ok?" Lissa said, giving the two scarlet-faced Guardians an encouraging smile before engaging the locks on both handles and shutting the door.

In the Honeymoon Suite, the staff had gone all out. The huge bed was surrounded by rose petals in a love heart shape on the floor. On a side table was a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with a note 'Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Belikov' beside a box of chocolates.

"It's late milaya. Do you want to sleep?" Dimitri asked, hopeful she'd decline.

Rose shook her head, giving him an encouraging look. "Take off all your clothes, Comrade. And bring the wine and the chocolates," she ordered, stripping off her traveling clothes and flopping into the center of the massive bed with a giggle.

 And bring the wine and the chocolates," she ordered,  stripping off her traveling clothes and flopping into the center of the  massive bed with a giggle