Chapter 48 - A Long Story

Dimitri and Rose walked Abe to the room in the guest quarters where he and Pavel would be staying overnight. Having never seen the Moroi guest quarters at St. Basil's, Rose was interested in taking a look.

Decorated in the same sort of bland, generic style as the guest quarters at St. Vladimir's, instead of two rooms and a living area this was more of a hotel room with a king-sized bed and an adjoining alcove housing a single bed that Pavel went and put his bag on. Pavel looked perfectly content, but there was something vaguely depressing about a tall, robust man in his early forties sleeping in a single bed. Idly Rose wondered whether Pavel had a larger bed in his quarters back at Abe's residence.

Dimitri and Rose left them to settle in, Rose arranging to meet Abe at the front of the Dining Hall at 7.25.

"Dress young," Abe advised. "No makeup, hair down and try and wear something girly if you can."

Rose wrinkled her nose. 'Girly' was not her usual style of dress, although there was that plum knit dress Viktoria had given her. It was a bit clingy, but if she wore it with a jacket, which she'd need to anyway given the temperature, it should look feminine, and she had a pair of ballet flats she could wear with it. Back in their room Vika and Eddie were talking and laughing – seeming very relaxed and at home in one another's company.

"What have you two been talking about?" Rose asked.

"Eddie's been telling me about some of the pranks you've pulled," Vika giggled. "St. Vladimir's sounds like fun. We'd never get away with doing things like that here!"

"Well pranking became a lot more difficult once your brother came on the scene," Rose laughed, wrapping her arms around Dimitri's waist and looking up at him affectionately. "He seems to have this mission to keep me out of trouble."

"It's to see you graduate, milaya. My mission is for you to graduate!" Dimitri exclaimed, lowering his lips to Rose's and cuddling her with his arms over the top of hers.

"See; I told you they're all over each other," Vika laughed, directing her comment to Eddie.

"Oh shut up," Rose grumbled, giving her Russian God another kiss. "Come on – I need to get ready for dinner. Apparently, I need to look 'young' and 'girly.'"

"Well you've got the girly bit down pat," Dimitri said admiringly, very obviously eyeing Rose's breasts as they pushed firmly against her top. Vika and Eddie both looked at him in surprise, and even Rose seemed amused.

"Are you checking me out, Comrade?"

Dimitri chuckled. "Rose I'm always checking you out. You're a beautiful woman with a beautiful body. I like to admire it."

"I think you like to do more than admire it sometimes, big boy..."

"Big boy?!" Vika snorted. "You call him big boy?" She was holding her sides as she lay on the bed, gasping for breath between peals of laughter.

"Well he is, what, six foot six?" Eddie replied with a laugh.

"Six foot seven, and that's not where the nickname comes from," Rose said with a wink – grabbing her clothes and heading off towards the bathroom, leaving a hysterical Vika, Eddie closing his eyes and shaking his head and a beetroot red Russian God in her wake.