Chapter 65 - Hearts and Dreams

"I hope it's ok I asked Eddie to train with us this morning? He just really enjoyed training with you those few days back home," Vika said to Dimitri.

Dimitri had a twinkle in his eyes, but merely said: "You should ask Rose if she minds – morning training times have always been our special time together."

"Rose? Is it ok?"

"It's fine. If he's willing to get up at 5.30 pm I guess he must be pretty keen," Rose said, giving Vika a wink behind Dimitri's back.

They'd anticipated that Vika would probably invite Eddie, and Dimitri was all for it. Eddie was already a pretty decent fighter but could still improve his skills. And he'd be able to partner with Vika, which would give Dimitri more time to partner with Rose. Besides, they both actually approved of the burgeoning relationship between Vika and Eddie, and as they knew from their own experience, early morning training sessions were a great way to get to know one another better.

Sure enough, when they got to the gym, Eddie was there waiting for them. He looked tired, but his face lit up when he saw Vika.

"Hey, Vika! Morning Dimitri, Rose. I hope it's ok to join you for training today?"

"Sure thing Castile," Dimitri said casually. "We'll be here 5.30 – 7.00 most days. We train in the afternoons, too. 4.00 – 6.00ish. Join us whenever you want. We usually start morning training with a run. Let's ease into it with fifteen laps?"

Outside the sun was still up and the air was warm enough to be pleasant. They started out running side by side, but soon they settled into pairs – Dimitri and Rose a hundred yards in front of Eddie and Vika. It was comfortable running – Rose had missed it at St. Basil's. Something about the repetitive thump thump of their feet, Dimitri's comforting presence beside her, the feel of her ponytail swishing across her back and the feel of the sun on her face was soothing. It was also a great time to talk. Eddie and Vika were far enough back that their words wouldn't be overheard.

"So you're guarding Lissa today?"

"Yes. Clocking on after breakfast and going through until 3.45. Then training and dinner and clocking on for general guarding duties 7.30 until 12.00."

"Big day," Rose commented.

"It'll be fine," Dimitri said. "At least I get to have breakfast and dinner with you, and we can train."

"That's true," Rose commented, counting her blessings.

"I'll go to administration at 3.45 and sort out this accommodation mess. With a bit of luck, they'll have something for us straight away, and Vika can help you unpack a bit tonight."

"Are you trying to get out of moving in, Comrade? Leave me to do all the hard work?" Rose teased. "I might just give you all the low down drawers..."

"Hmm - do you like the idea of playing with my drawers Mrs. Belikov?" Dimitri quipped back. "And no, I'm not trying to get you to unpack my things – I've seen the way you organize your clothing! I just thought you might want to start on your things while I'm on shift."

Rose laughed. Sharing a room at St. Basil's had been enlightening. Guardian Neat Freak regularly found the need to straighten up after Rose. For the most part, she didn't mind, although she'd drawn the line at her underwear drawer. Something about all her bras neatly lined up with the matching panties had annoyed her. She'd tried to explain to Dimitri that half the fun of an underwear drawer was rummaging through it looking for inspiration, but he just hadn't understood. So, in the end, she'd banned him from meddling with it.

As much as Rose joked about being left with the unpacking, she was hopeful they'd have a proper space for themselves by tonight. But in the meantime at least they had her dorm room. It had been a while since they'd slept in a single bed – and the first time they'd slept naked in one together. While the lack of space was irritating now they were accustomed to having more room to stretch out, the confined space was not entirely without its advantages.