Chapter 40 - To Please You

"Don't touch me! I don't like you in that way, and I never have," Dimitri hissed.

"Give me a chance. Give us a chance. You have no idea the things I could do to please you..." Tasha pleaded. "You have no idea of how much I love you!"

"No, you have no idea, Tasha. I'm in love with Rose. We're together. The idea of being with anyone else revolts me. Now excuse me, I want to go to bed with the woman I love," Dimitri growled.

"But Dimka..."

Rose had heard enough. Stepping through the bedroom door, she shouted "For God's sake, Tasha. You heard him. He loves me, we're together, he's not interested in having sex with you, and you revolt him! So leave him alone before I make you!"

"Fuck off, Rose. Let the adults talk! This is between Dimka and me," Tasha snarled.

"When are you going to get it through your head, Tasha? There is no you and me?! There never has been. There never will be. I'm in love with Rose!" Dimitri bellowed.

There was a moment of silence before wailing started a couple of doors down. The shouting had woken Zoya. Karolina's feet were on the stairs, stopping at the top on the landing looking at the scene before her. Dimitri, clad only in a towel, pressed against the bathroom door with Tasha standing uncomfortably close in front of him. To one side Rose dressed in some frankly very revealing underwear looking livid.

"What's going on?" Karolina asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Sorry for waking Zoya, Karo," Dimitri said quietly, not saying anything more.

Karolina looked to Tasha who was also not saying anything. Finally, her eyes fell upon Rose.

"Your brother was politely declining Tasha's offer of a quickie in Vika's bedroom. However she's having trouble taking no for an answer," Rose explained, spinning on her heel and walking back into Dimitri's bedroom.

"Excuse me," Dimitri said, pushing past Tasha and following Rose. He closed the door before pointedly locking it behind him.

Undoing his towel, and turning to hang it on the rail on the back of the door, Dimitri turned to face Rose where she was sitting on the edge of their bed looking furious. "Well that was awkward," he said – ever the master of understatement.

Rose looked into his worried eyes before collapsing back on the bed in hysterical laughter.

"Comrade, I think you just had an indecent proposal!"

"It was truly disturbing," Dimitri chuckled, relieved that Rose could see the funny side of what just happened. He lay on the bed next to her, the two of them laughing together. When their mirth finally subsided, he lightly fingered the strap of Rose's black lacy bra, his eyes widening as he took in the full ensemble.

"I like the look of this," he commented, running his fingers across the lacy cup and over the top of her breast.

"Do you?" Rose asked shyly. "I wore it just for you."

"I like it a lot," Dimitri murmured, mouthing Rose's breast through the lace causing her to moan softly. "Let me show you how much..."