Chapter 16 - Big Boy

Rose lay in Dimitri's arms, smiling in satisfaction as he held her closely - both on their sides her back to his front. Together they watched the fire, listening to the CD he'd chosen. Dimitri was right – she actually did like it, and it had set the mood for their lovemaking perfectly. He was stroking the top of one of her breasts, she had one hand reaching behind her, resting on his leg.

"Are you tired milaya? Can I get you anything?"

"Nope. I'm perfectly content here with you like this - I wish we could stay here like this forever. Tonight's been amazing Comrade. I love that our first time was here in Baia in your bed on a stormy night. Everything feels like it was just how it was meant to be."

"I know what you mean, Roza" he sighed contentedly.

"Thank you for making it so special, Dimitri. I'm not sure how it was for you, but for me it was great. It's probably silly, but I feel so much closer to you now."

"It's not silly. I feel the same way. And it was great for me for me, too."

"Really?"

"Of course milaya. Everything about you excites me." Dimitri nuzzled Rose's hair, rubbing his nose up and down the outer edge of her ear. He sighed "I'm going to get up and put more logs on the fire. You can hear the wind's getting fierce now - so we'll probably lose power soon."

Reluctantly he released her from his embrace, rolling to the other side of the bed and slipping out from underneath the quilts, walking purposefully around the end of the bed and putting a couple of logs into the fireplace before carefully repositioning the fireguard.

"That's quite a view from here," Rose joked, looking at his tall naked physique with lover's eyes as he stood in front of the fire. "I'm not going to be able to see you in clothes again without imagining what's underneath!"

"Hmm," he chuckled. "So you'll be undressing me with your eyes?"

"Yep. Big time Comrade!"

"I'm sure I'll cope" Dimitri laughed.

"You know we'll never be able to go back to how things were? That this changes everything?"

"It does, but I don't regret it. Falling in love with you has been the greatest joy of my life," he said sincerely.

Rose smiled at him, very flattered. "Oh get back into bed and kiss me!"

So he did.

They were sleeping when they were woken by the sound of a crash and glass breaking downstairs

They were sleeping when they were woken by the sound of a crash and glass breaking downstairs. Dimitri was up and pulling his pants on almost before Rose's eyes were open.

"Milaya the power's been out for about an hour, and something's happened downstairs – stay in here and lock the door – don't open it to anyone other than my family or me. Keep alert and stay in the corner. Watch the window and the door – remember we're not inside wards here."