Epilogue

Mid October, around five months after the St. Vladimir's graduation

Dear Inna,

Thanks so much for your emails! I am so sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but I have a spare hour now, so I promise I'll bring you up to date on all the news from here.

But first, congratulations! You said you were expecting but not how far along you are. When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? I'm sorry things didn't work out with the father, but you're right – you're better off without him if he's not going to support you 100%. It's great your uncle is being so good about things and that you can keep living there and working for him. As for your parents, give it time. I'm sure they'll come around once they get used to the idea.

So the news from here? Well, where to start?!

We've now settled on to campus at Lehigh, and I'm loving it! While Court was fun, Lehigh is so much better! No uniforms, lots of young people and daylight hours! I absolutely love it!

As I said we're living on campus, which is fantastic. Dimitri made several trips to town before we moved and just couldn't find anything suitable for so many of us. Finally, Queen Tatiana stepped in and made a few calls. Anyway – there was a house built several years back to accommodate a Malaysian Prince who was studying at Lehigh and his security team. It's been vacant since he left, and basically, it's perfect! It's situated on Lower Sayre Park Road along with some of the fraternity and sorority housing, so it's just like having our own mini frat house!

Dimitri and Rose went up for a week before we arrived to supervise getting it cleaned, buying furniture, having the windows tinted for the Moroi and getting a few modifications made, but it's exactly what we need and the best thing is they've rented it for the next five years so we can leave what we want here when we go back to Court and not have to shift everything.

It's built into the hill so is three stories, but really only two as the basement is just garages. The ground floor has a kitchen, laundry, living, dining, bathroom, and a games room. Upstairs at one end is Lissa and Christian's suite, which runs the depth of the house with reinforced windows on three sides. It's massive! At the other end of the upstairs is Dimitri and Rose's room, which is also big and sits next to the panic room and security office.

There are another four bedrooms, two on each side of the upstairs hall. Each side has a two-way bathroom between the rooms. Eddie and I share a room facing towards the back of the house. The view is all trees and green hills, and I love it. No one overlooks us, so it's easy to imagine I'm back home in Baia and not in the middle of a University campus! Celeste and Leslie are on the other side of the hall. It works out well as we all have our own space, and I only have to share a bathroom with Eddie.

Eddie is still wonderful. It was nice having our own space at Court before we moved to group guard here. It helped to establish us as a couple. He spends most of his time guarding Christian, and I usually guard Lissa, so we don't spend all day together, but we often see each other at lunchtime or if Lissa and Christian are studying together, which is heaps. As well as guarding three or four days a week, we're rostered on to guard five nights a week, which usually means hanging out at home or going out with Lissa and Christian if they're going somewhere. The house is like a fortress, so as long as we're inside and the property is secure we don't have to actually stand on guard or stay awake all night.

Dimitri is doing a great job leading the team. I was a bit worried how it would be him being my brother and all but it's actually been good, he treats me the same as he does the others. I really like the seniors Celeste and Leslie. We take turns training together every morning, so sometimes Eddie and I train with Dimitri and Rose, and sometimes with Celeste and Leslie. I'm learning heaps still. I had no idea how unprepared new Guardians are for what we have to face, so I'm lucky to be on a team with three seniors showing me what I need to know.